Reload this Page >

Live music in Abu Dhabi

Live music in Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 24th 2009, 11:49 am
Just Joined

population is on a distinguished road
Default Live music in Abu Dhabi

Hi all

Myself and the wife might be moving to Abu Dhabi in August to teach English for a couple of years and was wondering about live music there.

Essentially I am a semi professsional musician (vocalist/guitarist) doing covers in pubs/nightclubs/private functions etc. I have played in a band here in Dublin for years and also play solo doing acoustic stuff. It has always been a nice sideline to supplement my income and also it is just something I enjoy doing.

Are there any pubs in abu dhabi that have live bands/musicians on? I would assume some of the Irish themed pubs would but I just don't know for sure. Anytime I look it up all I find out is information about DJ's and dance clubs etc.

Any info greatly appreciated
Old Dec 26th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live music in Abu Dhabi

Theres live Music is The Crowne Plaza Hotel most nights and a lot of the regulars are Irish..this is were they have the St Patricks day ball and most of the Irish events.

There is also Pj o reilleys but I think this mostly DJ music.

If you look at the Irish society in Abu Dhabi website you will see loads of pictures from past events in the crown plaza.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i think there are a quite a few places with live music...heroes for sure, but i've forgotten where that is, although it was a filipiina band...the ad crowd should be able to fill you in more...

MM, xx
Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

PJ's used to have a band playing...
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

You don't mention what type of music but if it's traditional Irish you could try contacting this lot: http://www.inis-oirr.com/
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Cheers to all for the replies

Just to elaborate for Hawkwind on the kind of music I play. Well basically I play anything and everything depending on the crowd. Ranges from The Beatles, Stones, Kinks through to more modern stuff like The Killers, U2, Snow patrol etc etc. I do a few Irish tunes depending on the crowd and as I play harmonica also I will do a few Neil Young/Bob Dylan tunes again depending on the crowd.

It is interesting to see you mention gigs in hotels like The Crowne Plaza, as I actually play once a month in The Hilton and The Marriot hotel here in Dublin so I am used to that kind of gig as well

This is actually a vid of me playing in The Hilton last summer. Forgive the darkness and the sideways nature of the clip as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YIj0XuMfQY
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by population
Hi all

Myself and the wife might be moving to Abu Dhabi in August to teach English for a couple of years and was wondering about live music there.

Essentially I am a semi professsional musician (vocalist/guitarist) doing covers in pubs/nightclubs/private functions etc. I have played in a band here in Dublin for years and also play solo doing acoustic stuff. It has always been a nice sideline to supplement my income and also it is just something I enjoy doing.

Are there any pubs in abu dhabi that have live bands/musicians on? I would assume some of the Irish themed pubs would but I just don't know for sure. Anytime I look it up all I find out is information about DJ's and dance clubs etc.

Any info greatly appreciated
You teach English and start a sentence with 'myself and the wife'? Not to mention the other errors.

-
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
You teach English and start a sentence with 'myself and the wife'? Not to mention the other errors.

-
Meow.....

This cat has claws

FWIW there are entire lessons in the EFL program on how to write informal emails and posts. Slang/elipsis/collocations etc. This would be a model example. Were I to write you a formal letter, the content would be rather different
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by population
Meow.....

This cat has claws

FWIW there are entire lessons in the EFL program on how to write informal emails and posts. Slang/elipsis/collocations etc. This would be a model example. Were I to write you a formal letter, the content would be rather different
Read your first sentence again. It's awful, as well as ungrammatical and incorrect, even in informal use.

-
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:08 am
Bored liberal

Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Really not looking to get into an internet tit for tat here, and my query is solely on the live music scene in Abu Dhabi. I am posting on an internet forum. I am well aware that my opening salvo is grammatically incorrect. This forum is informal, therefore I am just rattling off in an informal fashion. As mentioned above, were I to write to you in a formal letter, the content would be very different.

Last edited by population; Dec 29th 2009 at 10:49 am.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:38 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

-
**** me...since you got that gig with the national, you really are up your own arse...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I think that anybody who entertains in the UAE..singing or Dj'ing etc need to be licensed by the municipality. A friend of mine was over and we wanted to do an informal "jam session" at a club but he couldn't because of the above.

I do know musicians here who work full time at "day jobs" and work evenings at clubs/ pubs etc, but the venue needs to license them
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

That is great info everyone.

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Read your first sentence again. It's awful, as well as ungrammatical and incorrect, even in informal use.

-
who cares?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.