Live in housemaid

Old Mar 15th 2012, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Den0107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live in housemaid

Can anyone please advise, I have got a live in housemaid for the past 2 months she gets paid every month the required salary but has now started to ask for her taxi fares home each week is this correct should I also be paying for this as she has no other outlays as everything is bought for her food, toiletries etc
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live in housemaid

Originally Posted by Den0107
Can anyone please advise, I have got a live in housemaid for the past 2 months she gets paid every month the required salary but has now started to ask for her taxi fares home each week is this correct should I also be paying for this as she has no other outlays as everything is bought for her food, toiletries etc
Where do you live? Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Saudi or what? If she "lives-in" then why does she need a taxi? How much do you pay her? All very confusing.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:20 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Can I be the first one to say your husband and son are sleeping with the maid. Or if you are male, your wife is having an affair with her.

how much is the taxi fare you cheapskate
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Can I be the first one to say your husband and son are sleeping with the maid. Or if you are male, your wife is having an affair with her.

how much is the taxi fare you cheapskate

Get a life if you have nothing decent to say then don't write anything you must have a very sad life!!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mentalist
Where do you live? Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Saudi or what? If she "lives-in" then why does she need a taxi? How much do you pay her? All very confusing.
I live in Saudi, She gets 2 days of a week and has relatives that live near by so she goes tonstay with them at the weekend. She gets paid 2500 sar a month which is what she requested.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:14 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Get a life if you have nothing decent to say then don't write anything you must have a very sad life!!!!!
sorry mom...

I don't live in KSA any more so my life is quite the opposite but I do remember taxis being very very cheap. Infer from that what you will
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

wkstat is an unknown quantity at this point

The maid is testing you. Dump her and hire another
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to post this on Expatflange. I guarantee you'll get a lot of very helpful responses.....
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Saudi, She gets 2 days of a week and has relatives that live near by so she goes tonstay with them at the weekend. She gets paid 2500 sar a month which is what she requested.
2500 SAR for a maid. lmfao, she must have seen you coming and now she wants taxi fares as well

You must be American, dim as **** or probably both

Pay her taxis and her business class flights back to the Philippines (did I get her nationality right) and hell why you are at it, let her use the pool if she isnt already

And yes she probably is drilling your husband
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon the OP's being a bad lad and shagging the staff....
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:39 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

If you're screwing her ask her to present her IQAMA first. At least that some guarantee she hasn't got something nasty like AIDS. A mate of mine had a maid who died of AIDS. Luckily he wasn't shagging her and didn't have to pay for taxis.....
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm shocked that anyone would need to come to a forum to ask this question.

Do what you think is right - and that can be anything from paying her taxis to emptying her room and putting all the stuff (inc. the flat screen TV) on the drive for her collection.

Obviously the decision you need to make is somewhat a function of what dirt she has on you - pay her taxis if you have been rooting her, kick her out if you are clean. A compromise can probably be found if all the dirt she has on you is about the hookers you've had around during the summer... in that case I would offer every other taxi or something.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:46 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

How much do your colleagues / friends pay their maids?
How many days off do other maids get in your area?
Does your boss / your husband's boss pay for your taxi trips if you go visit friends at the weekend?
Do you pay for your own toiletries, or does your boss / your husband's boss deliver them to you?

Having staff for the first time can be scary, whatever the grumpy old men say. It is a bit of a mindset change. But they are your employee, and it is like running a company - at what stage do you think they are taking the piss compared to you facilitating having a happy maid?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Hi, welcome to the internet.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in KSA it was illegal for a single man to employ a maid so I guess you have your family with you. I used to pay SAR2,500 per month to a pretty Ethiopean girl for a complete service. If all she does is clean the house, wash the car and occasionally look after the kids, she is vastly overpaid in my view. Tell her to whistle for the taxi fare or drop her off yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.