Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A little pampering...

A little pampering...

Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default A little pampering...

I have a girlfriend from back home coming over next week...I'd like to take her for a good mani/pedi for some pampering...any recommendations...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:00 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A little pampering...

Originally Posted by MataHari
I have a girlfriend from back home coming over next week...I'd like to take her for a good mani/pedi for some pampering...any recommendations...
Have you ever tried Soft Hair by the Pink mosque
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:02 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
Have you ever tried Soft Hair by the Pink mosque
no...I am not into this kind of thing at all, very DIY me...are they any good...I do want a bit of a glamorous setting to live up to the Dubai image
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:06 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

no...I am not into this kind of thing at all, very DIY me...are they any good...I do want a bit of a glamorous setting to live up to the Dubai image
Maybe not what you are looking for then.. this place is reasonably priced, very relaxed and easygoing. Maybe you should try one the ones on beach rd for the glamourous setting.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:11 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by beebee
Maybe not what you are looking for then.. this place is reasonably priced, very relaxed and easygoing. Maybe you should try one the ones on beach rd for the glamourous setting.
yeah...MM will probably know where to go...
I have only ever been to one in Ibn Battuta, but I can't be bothered to go that far...oh, and that footspa thingy in Uptown, but that's no good.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of that, why not take her for one of those full-body-all-over Heitzmann-Kreutzer massages that the Swiss do?

Experienced practitioners are rare, but it's worth finding one for the sheer sense of unadulterated pleasure it gives you.........

By coincidence, I am fully qualified.........
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

How about doing something different like foot reflexology. it costs a fortune in Europe, but its relatively cheap here.

There is a place at mall of the emirates that a friend of mine goes to and she loves it

Just an idea
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

MH,
N style at the MOE for mani/pedi thing, they open at 10am, their No is 04 3413300. If you book for about 1030/1045 you will be finished by 12ish and then you could do lunch at Apres( licensed restaurant), you can take pictures of your friend sipping wine with Ski Dubai in the background.
Let me know if you want to do that and what day and I can book a table by the window for you at Apres. ( they don't do table reservations but I am a member there and am allowed to book tables)
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...MM will probably know where to go...
I have only ever been to one in Ibn Battuta, but I can't be bothered to go that far...oh, and that footspa thingy in Uptown, but that's no good.
oii, are you saying i'm a superficial JJ who does nothing but have mani/pedis all day, lol...

the N Bar in Palm Strip Mall, by Jumeirah Mosque, is very good...you'll need to book in advance, the number is04 3461100. My friend also just went to Sisters salon in The Village Mall and said it was great...

MM, xx
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Send her to me, I'll pamper her.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:06 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to hype it up the spa at the Burj has the tacky / wow factor and it is not too unreleastically priced. I think it is 19th floor and looks out over the coast / Gulf. After the treatment you are allowed to use the jacuzzi / relaxation rooms (or at least you were a few months ago).

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/spa/
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:27 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
MH,
N style at the MOE for mani/pedi thing, they open at 10am, their No is 04 3413300. If you book for about 1030/1045 you will be finished by 12ish and then you could do lunch at Apres( licensed restaurant), you can take pictures of your friend sipping wine with Ski Dubai in the background.
Let me know if you want to do that and what day and I can book a table by the window for you at Apres. ( they don't do table reservations but I am a member there and am allowed to book tables)
oh that sounds lovely...only thing is, I have to be back in Mirdif at 2, which makes it a bit difficult...I dislike being on a tight schedule as I always have to allow some extra time in case of any traffic problems..
Thanks for the offer though!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:30 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Send her to me, I'll pamper her.
without sounding funny...she'd be right up your street...very deep, well read yoga type of girl...
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:31 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Welivehere
If you want to hype it up the spa at the Burj has the tacky / wow factor and it is not too unreleastically priced. I think it is 19th floor and looks out over the coast / Gulf. After the treatment you are allowed to use the jacuzzi / relaxation rooms (or at least you were a few months ago).

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/spa/
I have never been to the Burj and I plan to keep it that way...it's one of those funny things I have...
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:33 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oii, are you saying i'm a superficial JJ who does nothing but have mani/pedis all day, lol...

the N Bar in Palm Strip Mall, by Jumeirah Mosque, is very good...you'll need to book in advance, the number is04 3461100. My friend also just went to Sisters salon in The Village Mall and said it was great...

MM, xx
have we met...

The Palm Strip one sounds like one that would suit me...we could even go to the Lime Tree afterwards...(joke joke)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.