British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Little lost soul (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/little-lost-soul-312588/)

Welivehere Jul 7th 2005 8:08 am

Little lost soul

2 Attachment(s)
Bit of a long shot, but we found this little guy sat on our doorstep on Monday, so if you know any-one in the Mirdif area who has lost the poor little guy pm me and we can get him back to his home.

Alternatively we are looking for a nice house for him to go to. We have taken him to the vets, he is clean / healthy and about 10 weeks old currently going by the name of Gizmo....

Truth Speak Jul 10th 2005 2:12 pm

Re: Little lost soul

Did u have any joy finding a home for the we one WLH....

Welivehere Jul 11th 2005 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Did u have any joy finding a home for the we one WLH....

Thanks for asking but nope, no luck. We have posters up locally and in the supermarkets but to date no-one has claimed him, so he is still living with us.

The next step is to keep him til this weekend when Feline Friends have an open day at Modern Vets on Al Wasl, we will take him down there and hopefully some-one will give him a good home. If he doesn't go then we will just keep fostering him until we can find him the right place to live.

The only issue is that we have a large male cat that doesn't take to kindly to a hyper active ball of ginger fluff, they are getting there slowly but I would like to find Gizmo a home before he becomes to attached to out place...

You want him? ;) :D

Jellybean Jul 11th 2005 5:45 am

I hate cats...and loud mouthed to**ers :D
Hi WLH long time no speak :)

Heart of gold Jul 11th 2005 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Bit of a long shot, but we found this little guy sat on our doorstep on Monday, so if you know any-one in the Mirdif area who has lost the poor little guy pm me and we can get him back to his home.

Alternatively we are looking for a nice house for him to go to. We have taken him to the vets, he is clean / healthy and about 10 weeks old currently going by the name of Gizmo....

It has to be said... He is adorable...

Zannie Jul 11th 2005 7:08 am

1 Attachment(s)

Thanks for asking but nope, no luck. We have posters up locally and in the supermarkets but to date no-one has claimed him, so he is still living with us.

The next step is to keep him til this weekend when Feline Friends have an open day at Modern Vets on Al Wasl, we will take him down there and hopefully some-one will give him a good home. If he doesn't go then we will just keep fostering him until we can find him the right place to live.

The only issue is that we have a large male cat that doesn't take to kindly to a hyper active ball of ginger fluff, they are getting there slowly but I would like to find Gizmo a home before he becomes to attached to out place...

Hi WLH

What time is Feline Friends holding there open day as I'd love to go along. I love cats and we have two of our own. I must admit, I've been very tempted to offer Gizmo a new home as I love Ginger Cats, however I think Rory, our big hyperactive ball of ginger mischief will not take too kindly to him unfortunately :(

Good luck in finding him a home.

Zannie x

Face81 Jul 11th 2005 7:10 am

sweet..... good luck in homing him. :)

Truth Speak Jul 11th 2005 3:30 pm

Sorry WLH, can't take him here, would love to but we are back and forth so often that he'd be on his own so much. Also the management doesn't like pets.........

Jellybean Jul 12th 2005 1:17 pm

bump

PartyGirl Jul 12th 2005 2:23 pm

Mmmm - was tempted when I first saw the post... let me ask the Boss when he gets home from work. I love cats and was promised a kitten when we moved to Dubai. Is Gizmo still looking for a home? How many things has he ripped to shreds since you found him?!

Welivehere Jul 13th 2005 5:27 am

Originally Posted by PartyGirl
Mmmm - was tempted when I first saw the post... let me ask the Boss when he gets home from work. I love cats and was promised a kitten when we moved to Dubai. Is Gizmo still looking for a home? How many things has he ripped to shreds since you found him?!

Hi PartyGirl,

Gizmo is still looking for a home and a new slave to cater to his every whim. We think he must have been a house cat as he is litter trained. As for the ripping to shreds thing to be honest apart from my shins (once) he has been surprisingly good. This is the 4th kitten we have fostered for Feline Friends & whilst he is incredibly energetic, playful and inquisitive he has not been at all destructive.

Let me know what the boss says ( :) ), you can always pop round to see him if you want (I deny any-one who meets him not to want to take him home, so maybe bring the boss ;) ). Pm me if you are interested and I'll give you my mobile no...

shiva Jul 13th 2005 6:22 am

Originally Posted by PartyGirl

hes so cute the boss would have to be a real poo not too let you have him. good luck persuading him. and anway a promise is a promise, tell him you'll set a shiva on him :D

Zannie Jul 13th 2005 12:05 pm

Hi WLH

Does Feline Friends have a website? Would quite like to help out, however I can't foster any cats as we have two of our own, and I don't think they will appreciate it!

Zannie x

Welivehere Jul 13th 2005 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Zannie
Hi WLH
Does Feline Friends have a website? Would quite like to help out, however I can't foster any cats as we have two of our own, and I don't think they will appreciate it!
Zannie x

Hi Zannie,

The website is:
Feline Friends UAE
This will give you all the background on Fostering etc. We also have a cat of our own (large grumpy male) so Feline Friends know we can only foster kittens and they will only ask us to help out if this is the case

Sorry, Ihadn't forgotten you had asked about the Feline Friends Open day was just trying to sort the details. :)

The open day is this Sat between 14:00 and 16:00 and Energetic Panacea which is an alternative medicine vets based near the Iranian Hospital. You can get a map from their website:
Energetic Panacea
Hope that helps some and let me know if you are going doing... :D

Zannie Jul 13th 2005 12:50 pm

Thanks WLH

We will probably pop along on Saturday. I'm not working at the moment, so looking into different things to help fill my free time, and as I love cats, several friends have mentioned Feline Friends.

Might see you there?

Zannie x