Links

Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Links

Right, well as I ain't to didactic on the topic of the middle east, I sorted out the one with agencies and stuck that to the top, so any other links, PM me and I'll add them, also got rid of all the chat after the links.
Now if anyone knows of other decent links that'll help people out, accomodation, lifestyle and the like that could help other people out, pull them out and I'll create a thread and stick them in there and keep it tidy so that people have a place to start.
Also, if anyone's feeling really bored, and has good basic advice about visa's, which to get, how to get, or at least a decent starting point and possible links for various countries in M.E, write one and I'll make it stick to the top, as it seems like this is one of the few forums that's lacking a specific FAQ and the like.

Just an idea, and it is Sunday, nice and slow afterall
And got the power to make 'em stick, so might as well use 'em.

R.B
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:04 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Links

Originally Posted by Bob
Right, well as I ain't to didactic on the topic of the middle east, I sorted out the one with agencies and stuck that to the top, so any other links, PM me and I'll add them, also got rid of all the chat after the links.
Now if anyone knows of other decent links that'll help people out, accomodation, lifestyle and the like that could help other people out, pull them out and I'll create a thread and stick them in there and keep it tidy so that people have a place to start.
Also, if anyone's feeling really bored, and has good basic advice about visa's, which to get, how to get, or at least a decent starting point and possible links for various countries in M.E, write one and I'll make it stick to the top, as it seems like this is one of the few forums that's lacking a specific FAQ and the like.

Just an idea, and it is Sunday, nice and slow afterall
And got the power to make 'em stick, so might as well use 'em.

R.B

Good idea... might be good for people to know that design is not done thru recruitment, it is done thru contacts... if people are looking for design in the UAE then may be a good idea for them to PM me... also i have a few directory addresses, should i email them to you for u to sort this out on the boards? ?

joe
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Good idea... might be good for people to know that design is not done thru recruitment, it is done thru contacts... if people are looking for design in the UAE then may be a good idea for them to PM me... also i have a few directory addresses, should i email them to you for u to sort this out on the boards? ?
Yeah....if there work related, email them and I'll add them to that agencies list, and if you've got anything else, I'll sort it out sometime tomorrow mornin' or now if the tele's shite *l*
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:14 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah....if there work related, email them and I'll add them to that agencies list, and if you've got anything else, I'll sort it out sometime tomorrow mornin' or now if the tele's shite *l*
work related mate.... knackered and in the lounge wioth my mom so chilled...

got the PDF btw... great work... mother.creative knows her shit... liked a lot....
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

work related mate.... knackered and in the lounge wioth my mom so chilled...

got the PDF btw... great work... mother.creative knows her shit... liked a lot....
hehe, that's cool, so what does she do?
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:31 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
hehe, that's cool, so what does she do?
ex rambert ballet dancer turned property company director but she knows good design....
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

oh yeah, the links, email 'em, not probs sorting it out...
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

ex rambert ballet dancer turned property company director but she knows good design....
Nice past then
and cheers for the compliment...trying to get myself invited into the TCE -Chaos Engine forum, it's an insider deal and have to be either working in the industry or be invited...would help get a scoop on the jobs, and every little helps
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:38 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
Nice past then
and cheers for the compliment...trying to get myself invited into the TCE -Chaos Engine forum, it's an insider deal and have to be either working in the industry or be invited...would help get a scoop on the jobs, and every little helps
heard of it.. hardcore place... u should fit in. anyway, tired now so need sleep... been doing major wiring in the dog room. lioght and ring mains in the eaves of the dog room and ache to shit.... need sleep... later b
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

heard of it.. hardcore place... u should fit in. anyway, tired now so need sleep... been doing major wiring in the dog room. lioght and ring mains in the eaves of the dog room and ache to shit.... need sleep... later b
Ouch...u good with the electrics?
Well catch you later, g'nite
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Oh yeah, lifestyle links anything to do with the culture, I saw some that Face put up a bit back, but can't be arsed to find it, but if someone can, either PM me or stick 'em here and I'll put it all together.

Something along the lines of:
Accomodation - places, recommendations, that sorta thing
Culture -events, do' and don't that sorta thing
Visa -anything about that

Anything else, and then I'll create the ME lifestyle thread and pull it all together for you guys and stick it to the top and keep it tidy by closing it, and then I'll up[date when ya provide the info.
Go well with the Agencies work thread.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:59 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh yeah, lifestyle links anything to do with the culture, I saw some that Face put up a bit back, but can't be arsed to find it, but if someone can, either PM me or stick 'em here and I'll put it all together.

Something along the lines of:
Accomodation - places, recommendations, that sorta thing
Culture -events, do' and don't that sorta thing
Visa -anything about that

Anything else, and then I'll create the ME lifestyle thread and pull it all together for you guys and stick it to the top and keep it tidy by closing it, and then I'll up[date when ya provide the info.
Go well with the Agencies work thread.
The Sands in Bur Dubai is good for short term places. But also some very good proper places as well.

will mail u a few links in the am for time out etc etc...

one ting to make it VERY clear to people. recruit firms do not give a shit unless they know or think ur in town or ocming VERY soon.... for business, a load of blag.... makes the old Soho industry look easy! u now what i mean! ok.. now bloody shattered... down in Boston beginning of next year at my half sis's wedding... give it time and will be uncle joe.... scary!!!

mail me ur # and could be a laugh to get slaughtered in Boston....
Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Ok, just thinking about things here, about visa's, I was thinking of having that split for the main countries, they be UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi pretty much won't they for expats?
What would be handy, links for the UK embassies/consulates in those countries, I'm presuming DXB and Doha for the first. Also, those country embassies in London. And if anyone can write about the visa's for those countries, if you need one for holidays, long terrm hols for recces, short/long term work permits, bringing over partners/spouse/family, just the gist of things, like are there visa's, and names, would make a good starting point.
Also, schools, in general, and particular info in the countries, local schools, British and Yank schools, opinions and the like, also, what about language schools? Where dya all go pick up the lingo?

Cheers
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:34 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
Ok, just thinking about things here, about visa's, I was thinking of having that split for the main countries, they be UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi pretty much won't they for expats?
What would be handy, links for the UK embassies/consulates in those countries, I'm presuming DXB and Doha for the first. Also, those country embassies in London. And if anyone can write about the visa's for those countries, if you need one for holidays, long terrm hols for recces, short/long term work permits, bringing over partners/spouse/family, just the gist of things, like are there visa's, and names, would make a good starting point.
Also, schools, in general, and particular info in the countries, local schools, British and Yank schools, opinions and the like, also, what about language schools? Where dya all go pick up the lingo?

Cheers
BEST thing to do is to get hold of the Dubai Zappy.Explorer.

ISBN Code 976 8182 25 3

Published by Explorer. Costs 65dhs or £10 ish

Can get it on Amazon.co.uk and amazon.com

this book hold a lot of the above information.

they also do the Oman and Abu Dhabi explorere as well...
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Cheers, dumped that into the FAQ too
Quite a bit of stuff there for people now..