Life in Fujairah

Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Radar35 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Life in Fujairah

Hi all,

hope you might be able to enlighten me a little.

I am hopefully taking up employment in Fujairah in the new year, an as a Brit & Swiss National, was wondering if any other expats out there could give me some deatils on lifestyle, activities, social scene etc etc etc living generally and some of the basics................please!!!???!!

Cheers for now
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:49 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in Fujairah

Originally Posted by Radar35
Hi all,

I am hopefully taking up employment in Fujairah in the new year, an as a Brit & Swiss National, was wondering if any other expats out there could give me some deatils on lifestyle, activities, social scene etc etc etc living generally and some of the basics................please!!!???!!

Cheers for now
Welcome abroad... I don't live in UAE. But I am sure loads off ppl here can help you,.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Hiya!!

Cheers for now

I don't live in Fujairah myself but I have been there loads of times for mountain-photography. You must see them, huge mountains made of sand/rock. Stunning really. I have spent nights at one of the two main hotels in the city (was up at the Hilton) and I chatted with some expat residents there. Not much to do there, no clubs and the main expat venue seemed to be the Hilton!! It's a very family-friendly place if you have one then it is quite good but I must imagine it is awfully boring for a singleton!!
There is a fair number of Brits there, working at the women's college there, in case you were wondering!!
Did this help you?
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Hi all,

Cheers for now

Gruezi! Oh no, what a combination Brit & Swiss! Sorry, no info from me on Fujairah but if you are patient, no doubt, you will get plenty. Vil Glueck!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Gruezi! Oh no, what a combination Brit & Swiss! Sorry, no info from me on Fujairah but if you are patient, no doubt, you will get plenty. Vil Glueck!
Merci Palm Tree!!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Merci Palm Tree!!

"Gern gscheh" Radar, or maybe "de rien" or "da niente"? Forgot about our multi language mix in Switzerland.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:15 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Cheers for now
Hi Radar35,

Welcome to the forum......u r the 3rd newbie today....must be some sort of record! LOL....

Fujeirah, the only emirate entirely on the East coast of the U.A.E, has a reputation of being the 'sleepy' Emirate and is a very popular weekend getaway for us city folk. Tourism is big business in FUJ and it even has its own airport. It has a population of around 100,000 compared to Dubai's 1.2 million!

Geographic location of Fujeirah:

This is wot Downtown Fujeirah City looks like:

Aerial view of Fujeirah City, capital of Fujeirah Emirate:

City map:

Here are some sites that I dug up for u. They have alot of info on FUJ and u should find them fairly useful:

www.fujairah-tourism.ae/ overview.htm

http://www.fujairahmunc.gov.ae/fujairah%20e/index.htm

Hope that helps u out.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Face81
Hi Radar35,

Welcome to the forum......u r the 3rd newbie today....must be some sort of record! LOL....

Fujeirah, the only emirate entirely on the East coast of the U.A.E, has a reputation of being the 'sleepy' Emirate and is a very popular weekend getaway for us city folk. Tourism is big business in FUJ and it even has its own airport. It has a population of around 100,000 compared to Dubai's 1.2 million!

Geographic location of Fujeirah:

This is wot Downtown Fujeirah City looks like:

Aerial view of Fujeirah City, capital of Fujeirah Emirate:

City map:

Here are some sites that I dug up for u. They have alot of info on FUJ and u should find them fairly useful:

www.fujairah-tourism.ae/ overview.htm

http://www.fujairahmunc.gov.ae/fujairah%20e/index.htm

Hope that helps u out.

Face, you are efficient! Any Swiss roots in your blood!? Wouldn't be surprised if Radar already has all that info being partly Swiss but then the Brit part might be stronger presented in his blood. If he has ever lived in Switzerland, he should have no problem fitting into a sleepy town.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:41 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Face81]Hi Radar35,

Face,

Who are those 3 newbie today??? I can see Radar35 and who are the other 2? I suppose I can look each thread one by one. But easier for me to ask the oracle.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:42 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Face, you are efficient! Any Swiss roots in your blood!? Wouldn't be surprised if Radar already has all that info being partly Swiss but then the Brit part might be stronger presented in his blood. If he has ever lived in Switzerland, he should have no problem fitting into a sleepy town.
Lol..... no swiss roots in my already complex gentic history! Switzerland and Fujeirah.......hmmmmmmmm....... only a slight difference me thinks!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lol..... no swiss roots in my already complex gentic history! Switzerland and Fujeirah.......hmmmmmmmm....... only a slight difference me thinks!

I hope, I haven't scared off newbie Radar already.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:37 pm
The Oracle

I hope, I haven't scared off newbie Radar already.
lol...... perhaps the shots of FUJ did it! hahahahahahahaha
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol...... perhaps the shots of FUJ did it! hahahahahahahaha

No the shots resemble the biggest city in Switzerland!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:43 pm
The Oracle

No the shots resemble the biggest city in Switzerland!
or that! hahahahaha...... that ought to scare a comment out of him. LOL
Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Life in Fujairah

Thanks guys....just finished work. Appreciate all your replies please keep them coming!!

Palm Tree thanks....Berneroberlaender!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.