10+
10.53%
Born here
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

lets talk about us!!

Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:43 pm
Look, the bar's open

china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: lets talk about us!!

Well, seems like a good oppurtunity to add my first post as a newbie.
I was just visiting and after reading a few posts had to scroll around looking to see if 'Eamon Andrews' was involved somewhere:-)

So, first, I am unable to add to your poll, as TA5 might have said, I am based across the pond .............. Doha and the poll appears to be specific to Dubai.

After working overseas since leaving school for 50% of my life I eventually arrived in Doha 2001.

Since then settled quite nicely ............... just the standard of driving that spoils things and keeps the stress levels up ............ but I am sure that subject has been flogged to death here already

Otherwise, I understand UAE is somewhat more dynamic than sleepy Doha, so probably a lot to learn from you all here.

Otherwise, really happy and settled and enjoying all the good things on offer .. beaches, sun, etc etc.

Well, I will keep it short as it is only an intro and go see if I can find myself a classy avtar

PS can I ask the boss for a karma ........... I didnt mention maids once ......... ooops, forget that:-)
Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:47 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lets talk about us!!

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I know him :scared:
Who TS???? BB??? Would you like to join the club???
Old Nov 6th 2004, 1:55 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I had some stuff to deal with on expatmum a while back and gained an iron shield. Anyone wanting to let off their steam on me, that's fine, it will just bounce back.

This site is a whole new experience in life for me. Never participated on any chatboards before, I don't think you can call expatwoman a chatboard, and I find it interesting to read all the different wordings on here. Great experience to communicate with people who I haven't got a clue about. But with everyone chipping in a bit about themselves, it won't take long to be like old buddies.
.[/QUOTE]

I know what stuff u meant on expatmum. I follow the whole posts. I like this site better than expatmum (but i still go there now and again to have a look if there are things mention abt Doha). You can get to know ppl more here... don't have to watch every letter you type on ur posts.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:20 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Who TS???? BB??? Would you like to join the club???
What club and yes i know who BB was .
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
What club and yes i know who BB was .

There is someone who holds a grudge! Lets run. :scared:
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:35 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree

Ha ha lots of 'em around here PT...how did it go 'run for the hills' lol
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:36 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Ha ha lots of 'em around here PT...how did it go 'run for the hills' lol
How high the hills in UAE???
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:38 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

How high the hills in UAE???

Good evening Novita Dubai doesn't have any hills, there are no hills in UAE just little mountains compaired to Indonesia lol
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

[QUOTE=Jellybean]Hey it's the BB fan club again. Me too PT I actually learnt a lot from BB from PM-ing him and asking questions about culture and stuff. He was actually very patient and understanding, I think he just found all this British humor and sarcasm to difficult so went a bit AWOL.

Oh, you lucky sod! Never got the pleasure to PM him.

One thing I am itching to know, if he really was a local. I think he was from Oman originally? I haven't figured out what British humour is all about. Have spent too much time with a mix of nationalities and enjoy all sorts of humour.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:40 pm
semarang

Good evening Novita Dubai doesn't have any hills, there are no hills in UAE just little mountains compaired to Indonesia lol
I know that... suppose to be meant to be sarcastic. But I think you are immuned by now.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:41 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Well, seems like a good oppurtunity to add my first post as a newbie.
I was just visiting and after reading a few posts had to scroll around looking to see if 'Eamon Andrews' was involved somewhere:-)

So, first, I am unable to add to your poll, as TA5 might have said, I am based across the pond .............. Doha and the poll appears to be specific to Dubai.

After working overseas since leaving school for 50% of my life I eventually arrived in Doha 2001.

Since then settled quite nicely ............... just the standard of driving that spoils things and keeps the stress levels up ............ but I am sure that subject has been flogged to death here already

Otherwise, I understand UAE is somewhat more dynamic than sleepy Doha, so probably a lot to learn from you all here.

Otherwise, really happy and settled and enjoying all the good things on offer .. beaches, sun, etc etc.

Well, I will keep it short as it is only an intro and go see if I can find myself a classy avtar

PS can I ask the boss for a karma ........... I didnt mention maids once ......... ooops, forget that:-)
Hi China. Wellcome to the forum....... It is always gr8 to get input from new folk. We r a fairly wacky bunch and acting abnormally is 100% normal. LOL
Enjoy the somwot strange threads that we like to start!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Plenty of sand hills in front of my door JB. Ever driven pass The Greens?
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:42 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
PT... My family put a headstone up for my granny... we didn't hold a grudge against her though.... its a memorial....

TS
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:43 pm
Banned

I know that... suppose to be meant to be sarcastic. But I think you are immuned by now.

Your sarcasm is admirable Novita, you learn very quick from these people but don't lose your genuine loveliness
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:45 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=Palm Tree]
Hey it's the BB fan club again. Me too PT I actually learnt a lot from BB from PM-ing him and asking questions about culture and stuff. He was actually very patient and understanding, I think he just found all this British humor and sarcasm to difficult so went a bit AWOL.

Oh, you lucky sod! Never got the pleasure to PM him.

One thing I am itching to know, if he really was a local. I think he was from Oman originally? I haven't figured out what British humour is all about. Have spent too much time with a mix of nationalities and enjoy all sorts of humour.

Aahhh he used to PM me to tell me how lovely you were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.