Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Legally attested ranslation of Arabic police report in Dubai

Legally attested ranslation of Arabic police report in Dubai

Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:33 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Legally attested ranslation of Arabic police report in Dubai

Hi Bored,

My son recently lost his passport and went through the usual lengthy process of getting it replaced.

Problem now is that he is going to London and will need to get a deposit refund on his South Afrian residence visa but the passport number will be different. SA Embassy have agreed that a translated police report will clear it up.

We need to get the Dubai Police report translated to English and attested. I have already been to the UK embassy in Dubai and the original police station and got the expected response - can't help.

Any ideas please??
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legally attested ranslation of Arabic police report in Dubai

Originally Posted by TheShed
Hi Bored,

My son recently lost his passport and went through the usual lengthy process of getting it replaced.

Problem now is that he is going to London and will need to get a deposit refund on his South Afrian residence visa but the passport number will be different. SA Embassy have agreed that a translated police report will clear it up.

We need to get the Dubai Police report translated to English and attested. I have already been to the UK embassy in Dubai and the original police station and got the expected response - can't help.

Any ideas please??
I have an idea............

Lob a hand grenade over the wall of the embassy.

It won't solve your translation problem, but it will make all British expats feel much better.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 9:24 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bored,

Any ideas please??
Solicitors?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:58 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bored,

Any ideas please??
Anyone qualified to carry out legal translations can help you. Speak to a local lawyer.