Is that legal?

Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Is that legal?

Hi,

I am moving with my husband to the UAE beginning of September and we are not sure if the way we are doing it is legally the right way.

My husband will work for a British company. So far the visas are not processed yet, but we will enter DUBAI beginning of September while the visas are still being processed and my husband will start working in ABU DHABI right away. We plan to live in DUBAI though. While my residence visa will be in process I will look for a job in DUBAI and plan to start working immediately once I found something. Does that work with the laws of the UAE?
We have never been in touch with our PRO yet and don’t know who it is, do you think we could ask the company to talk to him? Or do you know anybody (law firm etc) we could ask for a consultation?

If you know whether the way we are doing it is the right way (it is the way the company suggested it) please let us know.

Thank you.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is that legal?

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Hi,

I am moving with my husband to the UAE beginning of September and we are not sure if the way we are doing it is legally the right way.

My husband will work for a British company. So far the visas are not processed yet, but we will enter DUBAI beginning of September while the visas are still being processed and my husband will start working in ABU DHABI right away. We plan to live in DUBAI though. While my residence visa will be in process I will look for a job in DUBAI and plan to start working immediately once I found something. Does that work with the laws of the UAE?
We have never been in touch with our PRO yet and don’t know who it is, do you think we could ask the company to talk to him? Or do you know anybody (law firm etc) we could ask for a consultation?

If you know whether the way we are doing it is the right way (it isi the way the company suggested it) please let us know.

Thank you.
I work for a british company, and we have had quite a few expats arrive recently. This appears to be the normal practice over here, so I wouldn't worry about it. According to our PRO as long as the residence visa is being processed it is fine to work on a visit visa. Hope that helps put your mind at ease
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is that legal?

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Hi,

If you know whether the way we are doing it is the right way (it is the way the company suggested it) please let us know.

Thank you.
it is normal practice for people to enter on a visit visa and start working whilst the work visa is being sorted. It is however illegal.