Reload this Page >

Leaving Qatar . Work visa only NO RP BRITISH

Leaving Qatar . Work visa only NO RP BRITISH

Old Jan 25th 2014, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Leaving Qatar . Work visa only NO RP BRITISH

Hi all,

I have decided to resign from my job before my 3 months probation period is over, I only have a work visa which runs out on the 8th of Feb. As far as my RP went I have got to the finger print stage (done).

My Questions

do I need an exit permit
what are the implications of resigning
what will my employer deduct from my final salary
If I don't have an RP can I take up another role if offered

My other problem is that I do not hold a British Driving License but passed the Qatari test in December. as I do not have an RP my DL was never issued. is there any way I can get it issued without RP before I leave the country so I can use it other GCC countries.

all sensible answer would be a great help
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:42 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Qatar . Work visa only NO RP BRITISH

Originally Posted by DaveSand
Hi all,

I have decided to resign from my job before my 3 months probation period is over, I only have a work visa which runs out on the 8th of Feb. As far as my RP went I have got to the finger print stage (done).

My Questions

do I need an exit permit No you don't.
what are the implications of resigning Have you signed anything with the company? If so what? Our contracts that staff sign state clearly that if they FAIL probation we send them home, If they decide to leave then we charge them air fair and the costs incurred in recruiting them. The idea with the last one is so they don't arrive and decide to work somewhere else before the RP is issued - Its not something I would hold them too unless I knew they were literally flying home to come back.
what will my employer deduct from my final salary That is up to them. As they have been wankers up until now you may need to fight your corner
If I don't have an RP can I take up another role if offeredAbsolutely

My other problem is that I do not hold a British Driving License but passed the Qatari test in December. as I do not have an RP my DL was never issued. is there any way I can get it issued without RP before I leave the country so I can use it other GCC countries. I really don't know, If you had a UK licence you just need someones ID to say you can drive - I have done it for someone.

all sensible answer would be a great help
When do you go?
Old Jan 25th 2014, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help BXP I am hoping to leave on Saturday the 1st feb
Old Jan 25th 2014, 2:37 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me get you that pint before you do. You deserve it for the Avatar
Old Jan 26th 2014, 1:44 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

On a sort of related matter, be aware of the potential UK tax implications of being out of full-time employment overseas, particularly if you plan to spend some time back in the UK. See HMRC6 Sections 8.5 and 8.7.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was fast, would it be rude to ask what made u run away?