Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Leasing a share in a race horse

Leasing a share in a race horse

Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing a share in a race horse

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's just great fun to go down and see the horse up close, meet the jockey and the Trainer of the horse
I was going to give you a shovel, but I can see the hole that you are digging is clearly so deep that you don't need one...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
yeah darling ....but with 26 of you around the trainer and jockey, you aren't going to get up close!!

whatever Patsy, I have never been into the paddock with 26 of us
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
yeah darling ....but with 26 of you around the trainer and jockey, you aren't going to get up close!!
and thats 26 of them just around the hairs on its knac...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Dolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really nice

it's just great fun to go down and see the horse up close, meet the jockey and the Trainer of the horse
I am concerned that you do this BC.............the paddock is a dangerous place - especially for people with little 'horse' experience. In fact I am astounded that the Dubai Racing Club allows all those (unnecessary to the running of the race) people into the paddock - the only people in there before the running of a race should be the trainer, handler and jockey..........and of course the horse. If your horse should win the race (but it has to start first) then being in the paddock for the prizegiving is a completely different thing.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dolores
I am concerned that you do this BC.............the paddock is a dangerous place - especially for people with little 'horse' experience. In fact I am astounded that the Dubai Racing Club allows all those (unnecessary to the running of the race) people into the paddock - the only people in there before the running of a race should be the trainer, handler and jockey..........and of course the horse. If your horse should win the race (but it has to start first) then being in the paddock for the prizegiving is a completely different thing.
I think that you will find that BC is the modern day horse whisperer no less.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

take that up with them then
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Just butting in here........(I'm so good at it)

as someone who has been around horses all my life, even I would be extremely loathe to hang out in the paddock. Racehorses especially, are highly strung animals. Even donkeys on Blackpool beach are prone to give out the odd kick or nip.

Up until Christmas I was exercising an ex racehorse. Big gentle giant with a superb temperament, but even he was prone to being a bit unpredictable. Horses should never be looked at as a fashion accessory or status symbol, in fact you may find yourself on your arse in the paddock if the fancy takes it!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Dolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really niceDolores is just really nice

take that up with them then
Oh dear BC.................I have no intention of taking this 'up' with the Dubai Racing Club, Dubai appears to me to be a place where 'safety' is not really important. My intention was just to inform you (as you appear to be a person who has not spent much time around horses, particuarly highly strung thoroughbreds) that they can be dangerous animals and being in close proximity in the paddock is not really a safe or sensible place to be. Apart from the added hassle you give to other horses and their connections by being somewhere where you really shouldn't be. Surely if you wish to 'visit' your horse and trainer you can arrange a visit to the stables?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god...Here we go again...Posters who only appear as the Ghost of Christmas Past...
And another one who's going on a bandwagon; Admon, don't be mean only to BC, spread your monkey around...If you bet on horses, you know how to hedge your bets,don't you...Don't put your balls in one basket...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

I'm sorry Confusious - I didn't realise I was a 'ghost of Christmas Past' - all I was trying to do was to point out the danger that Blue Cat was putting herself in by swanning around the paddock, I wasn't sure that she realised that
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Oh god...Here we go again...Posters who only appear as the Ghost of Christmas Past...
And another one who's going on a bandwagon; Admon, don't be mean only to BC, spread your monkey around...If you bet on horses, you know how to hedge your bets,don't you...Don't put your balls in one basket...
sometimes it's nice to see some old faces...gives us a break from you...

MM, xx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry Confusious - I didn't realise I was a 'ghost of Christmas Past' - all I was trying to do was to point out the danger that Blue Cat was putting herself in by swanning around the paddock, I wasn't sure that she realised that
ignore him dolores...

MM, xx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
sometimes it's nice to see some old faces...gives us a break from you...

MM, xx
ignore him dolores...

MM, xx
The epitomy of a nice poster...

If they like BE so much, let them post on other threads as well...We had this discussion many times before...
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
The epitomy of a nice poster...
thank you...

MM, xx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thank you...

MM, xx
And most beautiful...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.