Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Leasing a share in a race horse

Leasing a share in a race horse

Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing a share in a race horse

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
You don't have to be a member of DRC to find out that information Patsy it's all on the DRC website. Whilst you may know many owners at Nad Al Sheba not everyone does so they don't have access to the paddock etc by being members are DRC. Jaad didn't race this year no, not that it made a blind bit of difference to be as all I spent was 1400 dhs and that got me to every single race meeting anway. It was more of a social investment so to say. 40,000 quid for race horse is pretty cheap
ofcourse it is BC I was pointing out that I am a serious racegoer NOT exclusively a social one.
I also didn't say that you can automaticlly get access to the paddock I was again talking about myself, however because our members boxes are directly over looking the paddock, members do not need to go down there to watch the horses parade.
If you knew how shares in a horse are actually dealt then you would know that if you paid 10k for a leg of a horse, the whole horse would be worth a lot more than 40K.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
So basically even if you only go to the Desert Party and Silks for DWC its paid for itself?? How many memberships do they have?
exactly FD.....the numbers are, for the moment, unlimited.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

"it is more horsey so to say"
"It was more of a social investment so to say"

Make your mind up BC!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
ofcourse it is BC I was pointing out that I am a serious racegoer NOT exclusively a social one.
I also didn't say that you can automaticlly get access to the paddock I was again talking about myself, however because our members boxes are directly over looking the paddock, members do not need to go down there to watch the horses parade.
If you knew how shares in a horse are actually dealt then you would know that if you paid 10k for a leg of a horse, the whole horse would be worth a lot more than 40K.

I do know how it works Patsy but it is not by business to bandy figures on here, that is private information for the EERC owners, It was a tooth in cheek comment that 10,000 quid for a share is not a huge amount of money in horse racing terms. The DRC membership is excellent value for money there is no disputing that. It's down to personal choice and what works for you as an individual at the end of the day. And you would never see me on the grass at Jebel Ali!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it can get quite pricey when you actually own a share. I have both I have a share in a horse in the UK which is costing me 20 quid a month which is nothing. Here I can either get a share and pay all costs etc or just lease one and never pay another Dirham and if that horse wins I still get a share of the winnings! Some friends who invested last year got their return within months. Horse racing is a gamble, but if you lease then there is no risk.
£20 a month for a part share of a horse?
Either its a knacker, or your share is a hair on its knac...

I wouldn't lease a part of my cat for that, as for a horse? Is it worth the bother?

What great fun can you get out of that?
Or is it just the thing of being able to say, I own a racehorse? (small print applying of course).
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

"it is more horsey so to say"
"It was more of a social investment so to say"

Make your mind up BC!!!!!
me spending 1400 dhs last year was merely to get me to the racing, I knew nothing about EERC or DRC. I didn't even read the write up on the horse, to me it was my entry for the season into Nad Al Sheba. Once I got into it more and understood what was going on I began to see the difference between the two schemes. They are completely different and as I said before what suits one may not suit the other.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

that is a joint membership, so you pay 2500dhs each
you get entrance to every race night through the season, which if you were coming as a guest of a member of the DWC would cost you 180dhs and there are approx 16 meetings. Members of DRC have 2 private boxes directly in line with the winning post and overlooking the paddock, their own bar and comp buffet.
You get invitations to the private launch parties for you and a guest throughout the year, comp ticket to the Desert Party before the DWC which is worth 1000dhs and a comp ticket to Silks for the DWC which is worth 1500dhs
so pretty much desert party, and Silks and that is your membership paid for itself...sounds good if you are horsey minded

Last edited by arbroath_abroad; Apr 10th 2008 at 12:20 pm. Reason: sorry just repeated FD's comments
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by admon
£20 a month for a part share of a horse?
Either its a knacker, or your share is a hair on its knac...

I wouldn't lease a part of my cat for that, as for a horse? Is it worth the bother?

What great fun can you get out of that?
Or is it just the thing of being able to say, I own a racehorse? (small print applying of course).

I didn't pay 20 quid for the share, that is what it is costing at the minute for her monthly upkeep.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Be fair admon, it will probably be 3 hairs.... ...but at the end of the day, if people are getting enjoyment out of it then fair deal..but really BC, keep it in perspective darling
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Be fair admon, it will probably be 3 hairs.... ...but at the end of the day, if people are getting enjoyment out of it then fair deal..but really BC, keep it in perspective darling

meaning I have a 1% share of a horse in the UK, what's the big deal?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

surely it all depends on what enjoyment the individual gets out of it..

Me, i could prob buy a friggin horses arse, but i wouldnt want to..

oh and i had 50 Quid on the head on Conform or Die (think thats what the nag was called) on Saturday...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

some of you are aware that last year I leased a share in a racehorse via EERC. I had always followed Patsy's enthusiasm about the horse racing and thought I would give it a bash. Well I loved it!!! it was absolutely fantastic and something that I honestly didn't think I would enjoy as much as I did The new EERC brochure is out and shares are selling fast. If any one is interested I can e mail you a copy of the brochure, so PM me your e mail ID. Prices start at 1750 dhs for a lease share for the season. This doesn't include tickets to the World Cup though, to get into that you need to either buy them yourself or join up with SILKS. Patsy and MM are both Silks members so they can explain how that works.

Just thought some of you might find this an interesting new hobby
Thats where the comments have come from.
An over exaggerated exuberance perhaps?
For example 'I went food shopping this morning. I loved it!!! In fact, it was absolutely fantastic'.

I'm a dead man after making these comments, I already know it.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:32 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

oh and i had 50 Quid on the head on Conform or Die (think thats what the nag was called) on Saturday...
there's plenty of horses asses around for free here...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:33 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Thats where the comments have come from.
An over exaggerated exuberance perhaps?
For example 'I went food shopping this morning. I loved it!!! In fact, it was absolutely fantastic'.

I'm a dead man after making these comments, I already know it.
so where did you go...Carrefour, Spinneys....tell me
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

Maybe the £50 note flapping between its eyes put the poor thing off...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.