Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Leasing a car in Abu Dhabi

Leasing a car in Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leasing a car in Abu Dhabi

We're unlikely to be in Abu Dhabi longer than around 3 years and I'm looking at options of leasing vs buying.

Could anyone please provide details of their recommended leasing companies?

Also...

- Will I be able to take the car out of the UAE, eg to Oman?

- Any idea what I'll be able to get on my monthly allowance of 3,100dhs

There's an old (closed) thread from 2008 on the topic but I'm guessing the rates are no longer valid?

Ta
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing a car in Abu Dhabi

I am sure the AD folks will give you a more accurate picture but.... in the absence of any I can give you an idea of rental prices and then knock some off for the fact you are leasing which could be significant
4x4s started around 3500 aed/month
The Nissan Altima was around 2600 a month
Am sure there will be deals to be done if you want a 3 year lease but you might as well buy and flog whats left of it after 3 years for a few bucks. Plenty of cheap cars in the UAE so make the most of the market
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

We're also not planning to be here more than 3 years but like tockalosh says, we found that there are plenty of cheap 2nd hand cars and rough calculations suggested that, with the car allowance, we could get the car "for free" after two years. That means that any eventual sales value goes into our pocket (or looking at it another way, helps to recoup running costs).
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

just remember if you get a loan for a car then get a personal loan and not a car loan
If things go pear shaped then if you have a personal loan then you can sell the car without any problems and then pay the bank back and leave with a clean slate
Do not get an auto loan under any circumstances.
Alternatively buy a super cheap corrolla without a loan. You just dont seem to able to kill them even if you never service them.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

leasing for a little car yaris/tida etc about 2k a month 4x4 4k perhaps. if you are new you may not be able to get a loan unless your company is on approved list with the bank. in order to sell off your car you have to prove you dont have a loan on it, so a personal loan is easier as you can take the money and spend it how you wish, but you do pay more interest for it. there are also different interest rates depending on your company etc. if you buy on a car loan you will need to provide a letter to say car loan is paid off when you come to sell it, and this letter provided at cost by the bank can take 3 days to produce, so its not a quick process.

car insurance to oman if you go with axa then omani insurance is included, but i would suspect you can just add that at a premium to most insurances. bring with you if you have, letter detailing your no claims bonus, at axa they will give you a discount if you can prove it.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
in order to sell off your car you have to prove you dont have a loan on it
Out of curiosity, how do you do this (i.e. prove a negative)?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
BB knows everything doll, she is a mind of info...
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
if you take out a car loan to purchase a car, it is marked as such on your gold registration card, so if you do not provide a letter to say its paid off when you try to de-register the car you will not be able to do it. for eg, if i had a car loan on a car that is 6 years old now and the loan was for 3 years so i need to go to the bank and get that letter if i wanted to sell it.

ok?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
BB knows everything doll, she is a mind of info...
answered you re washing machines
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

answered you re washing machines
i know thanks doll
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i know thanks doll

school starts on wednesday, yipppee!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

if you take out a car loan to purchase a car, it is marked as such on your gold registration card, so if you do not provide a letter to say its paid off when you try to de-register the car you will not be able to do it. for eg, if i had a car loan on a car that is 6 years old now and the loan was for 3 years so i need to go to the bank and get that letter if i wanted to sell it.

ok?
and that is why a lot of people just dump their cars if they are trying to escape quickly..
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

school starts on wednesday, yipppee!
ha ha, my school days are over doll, no more BSAK for me.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yep i know lucky you. i will now have 2 senior sch fees to pay!!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

gone on to uni?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.