Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill -Redo

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill -Redo

Old May 18th 2005, 4:26 pm
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill -Redo

Originally Posted by shoushou
You bet.
Only a good knockout would calm me down,I need it.So Im looking for good friends to help me out

What is the cause of your agitation?
Old May 18th 2005, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eclectic-x
What is the cause of your agitation?

I got all worked on this Star Wars broohahahaha,managed to get to the theater bang on time after frenetic driving,running up the escalator,only to hear that it was a midnight screening,so a little disappointed, but, happy to have more time to spend with all you lot.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:36 pm
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute

I got all worked on this Star Wars broohahahaha,managed to get to the theater bang on time after frenetic driving,running up the escalator,only to hear that it was a midnight screening,so a little disappointed, but, happy to have more time to spend with all you lot.
So you're still going to go to the late screening?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this latest one...was pretty disappointed with the previous 2.

I'm probably going to see it in a week or so when some of the huge crowds settle a bit. And of course will have to watch I and II prior, as I always do with sequels.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

So you're still going to go to the late screening?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this latest one...was pretty disappointed with the previous 2.

I'm probably going to see it in a week or so when some of the huge crowds settle a bit. And of course will have to watch I and II prior, as I always do with sequels.

Naaaaaahhh
Will go in the AM most probably.Over here you get a better viewing with less than half attendance.If the place gets packed,youll get the caspers and hairy scarys annoying you with their stupid remarks and dumbass stupid loud conversations.
I wish I will be able to hear Darth Vaders original voice though.I missed it on I and II.James Earl Jones gives me shivers.
*(With a baritone voice)OBI Wan,we meet agaiiiinn(Impersonates the heavy breathing)
Old May 18th 2005, 4:53 pm
aka Mr. X

Naaaaaahhh
Will go in the AM most probably.Over here you get a better viewing with less than half attendance.If the place gets packed,youll get the caspers and hairy scarys annoying you with their stupid remarks and dumbass stupid loud conversations.
I wish I will be able to hear Darth Vaders original voice though.I missed it on I and II.James Earl Jones gives me shivers.
*(With a baritone voice)OBI Wan,we meet agaiiiinn(Impersonates the heavy breathing)
They're running a bunch of commercials with SW tie-ins (Burger King and the like) and some are really quite funny. One is a guy that scratches and wins $1 million and the doorbell rings. Darth is standing there and says 'Brandon, I am your father'. To which Brandon replies, 'No, you just want my money'. Then Darth replies 'err...Brandon, I am your uncle'. Hilarious.

And I know full well about the riff-raff you get when movies like this just come out. I prefer matinees any day.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They're running a bunch of commercials with SW tie-ins (Burger King and the like) and some are really quite funny. One is a guy that scratches and wins $1 million and the doorbell rings. Darth is standing there and says 'Brandon, I am your father'. To which Brandon replies, 'No, you just want my money'. Then Darth replies 'err...Brandon, I am your uncle'. Hilarious.

And I know full well about the riff-raff you get when movies like this just come out. I prefer matinees any day.

I so wish we get sweets like those here.
But that ones hilarious
I guess Darth will be coming on our shores by DSF 2006,knocking on hundreds of doors.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How is your Dubai prospects showing,X?
Anything good???
What line of work do you work in?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:11 pm
aka Mr. X

I so wish we get sweets like those here.
But that ones hilarious
I guess Darth will be coming on our shores by DSF 2006,knocking on hundreds of doors.
How so?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:14 pm
aka Mr. X

How is your Dubai prospects showing,X?
Anything good???
What line of work do you work in?
I really haven't intensified my search yet. Will start next week full-on. I was exchanging PMs with JD earlier and he gave me some tips.

I work in IT, which seems troubling for employment due to the massive influx of people from India and Pakistan. However, I'm more on the customer/professional services side than the technical side. I also have a professional designation in Project Management, so I'm hoping that will set me apart from the rest of the riff-raff.

I need to start networking with IT people over there, but as yet have not made any contacts.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How so?
As many people here on ME know,we have the Dubai Shopping Festival every year,and they give away,daily,Nissan cars,Lexus cars,AED1Million cash,for the past years an appartment or a house in one of the new freeholds,etc........
So,Darth Vader will have many many houses to visit at that time,he will surely be called the Black Santa Claus
Old May 18th 2005, 5:22 pm
aka Mr. X

As many people here on ME know,we have the Dubai Shopping Festival every year,and they give away,daily,Nissan cars,Lexus cars,AED1Million cash,for the past years an appartment or a house in one of the new freeholds,etc........
So,Darth Vader will have many many houses to visit at that time,he will surely be called the Black Santa Claus
Ah. Got it. And will you be one of the lucky recipients?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I really haven't intensified my search yet. Will start next week full-on. I was exchanging PMs with JD earlier and he gave me some tips.

I work in IT, which seems troubling for employment due to the massive influx of people from India and Pakistan. However, I'm more on the customer/professional services side than the technical side. I also have a professional designation in Project Management, so I'm hoping that will set me apart from the rest of the riff-raff.

I need to start networking with IT people over there, but as yet have not made any contacts.

You already got the big guns on your side X.
Most of the people I kmow are more in the lower bracket of IT.But youre bound to get an interesting offer here.You never know
Old May 18th 2005, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah. Got it. And will you be one of the lucky recipients?

Lottery winners are usually thos who participate.
I dont have the right amount of luck nor the energy
Old May 18th 2005, 5:39 pm
aka Mr. X

You already got the big guns on your side X.
Most of the people I kmow are more in the lower bracket of IT.But youre bound to get an interesting offer here.You never know
I'd like to get a package, preferably...I want to make at least as much money as I do in Canada PLUS the added benefit of no tax PLUS accommodation and car? Is that too much to ask?

At least I'm single...all I need is a 1-bedroom flat or even studio. Or might consider sharing. No family to consider.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:43 pm
aka Mr. X

Lottery winners are usually thos who participate.
I dont have the right amount of luck nor the energy
I only play when the jackpot is over C$ 10 million...I can get enough energy for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.