Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

Old May 3rd 2005, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Juniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really nice
Default Re: The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

trousers, a shit and perhaps a tie

Surely you want to be a little more professional than that Face
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:22 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Smart suit and tie....the guy will want to see what you look like, there is the potential that you will meet clients and 3rd party suppliers at times...the guy will want to know your not a scruffy git..
Gotta agree, they can always tell you to dress down for day to day work if they want to, but first impressions will really count....

And hey if you are going to put trousers, shirt and tie on then it's only the jacket you are missing...

BTW Thanks for the K...
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:22 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Juniper
trousers, a shit and perhaps a tie

Surely you want to be a little more professional than that Face
spotted it b4 u did..... has been editted. LOL
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:23 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

A suit !??, over do it?....why what were you thinking..top hat and tails... or a cocktail dress LOL !!

Smart suit and tie....the guy will want to see what you look like, there is the potential that you will meet clients and 3rd party suppliers at times...the guy will want to know your not a scruffy git..
fine..... a smart suit and tie it is.....

i am not a scruffy git..... u know that!
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:24 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juniper
Thank you for the K, WLH
And thank you too....
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:26 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
fine..... a smart suit and tie it is.....

i am not a scruffy git..... u know that!
Indeed, so go and take the Armani suit for a quick press and you will be ready to go.

Try not to be nervous.. try to be confident and outgoing without coming across as arrogant and cocksure.
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:26 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Gotta agree, they can always tell you to dress down for day to day work if they want to, but first impressions will really count....

And hey if you are going to put trousers, shirt and tie on then it's only the jacket you are missing...

BTW Thanks for the K...
fine...... guess it may seem odd to leave the jacket if I am going that far..... will dress up in my best suit and a nice flash tie...... shouldnt be a problem

how many k points am i worth now?
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:28 am
The Oracle

Indeed, so go and take the Armani suit for a quick press and you will be ready to go.

Try not to be nervous.. try to be confident and outgoing without coming across as arrogant and cocksure.

all my suits are pressed before they are put away. Magic laundry, remember?

will be my usual self.... wont be nervous as I have nothing to lose, I think... and I hope I have never come across as being arrogant....
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:31 am

I hope I have never come across as being arrogant....
- Not yet... LOL -

I won't be on-line by the time you get back, so SMS me and let me know how it goes?
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:33 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Welivehere
- Not yet... LOL -

I won't be on-line by the time you get back, so SMS me and let me know how it goes?
how cheeky! LOL

Will drop u a txt to let u know how it goes..... I hope that something comes of it..... i NEED a summer job..... I will be sure to leave off the word NEED this afternoon. lol
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:01 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

how cheeky! LOL

Will drop u a txt to let u know how it goes..... I hope that something comes of it..... i NEED a summer job..... I will be sure to leave off the word NEED this afternoon. lol
Dont forget my words of wisdom.
1. insist on an office (with personal assistant)
2. push for a relocation package even though you live here.
3. Tell the interviewer that you intend to have THEIR job within 3 months.
4. 40,000dhs per month...dont settle for a penny less.

If you want to be cheeky ask for thursday off to play golf,

and ask for use of the personal jet...if they dont have one make sure you say the following "what sort of fly-by-night company is this??..no personal jet!!??.....tsskk"

oh stock options...get stock options
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:47 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder where everyone is today Hellooooooooooooooooooooo
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:02 pm
W10

Hello...do you come here often?

Old May 3rd 2005, 3:08 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Hello...do you come here often?
Been known to pop in and out occasionally You?
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:14 pm
W10

I was just trying to make my way to Mercato and got lost...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.