Reload this Page >

On the Lash in Bahrain

On the Lash in Bahrain

Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

desertexile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On the Lash in Bahrain

Folks

Can anyone post the cheap airlines which fly from Riyadh to Bahrain?

Also, has anyone attempted driving? Any thoughts?

Cheers

DE
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the Lash in Bahrain

Originally Posted by desertexile
Folks

Can anyone post the cheap airlines which fly from Riyadh to Bahrain?

Also, has anyone attempted driving? Any thoughts?

Cheers

DE
Driving is fine.................. I lived on Kingdom City which is exactly 444km from the first causeway toll booths. Avoid Wed afternoon and evening though......
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The Dean
Driving is fine.................. I lived on Kingdom City which is exactly 444km from the first causeway toll booths. Avoid Wed afternoon and evening though......
I've driven a couple of times, but recommend flying - much less hassle, especially at the borders. AirArabia?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:40 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thecentennial
I've driven a couple of times, but recommend flying - much less hassle, especially at the borders. AirArabia?
to be honest there is very little hassle at the border if you avoid the rush hours and days. like Dean said don't try to cross Wednesday afternoon or Thursday midday and you'll be fine...although I do cross those times once a week and it isn't that bad.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Gulf Air is cheap enough

All those 6 figure salaries being earned in the magic kingdom and still guys want to save 100 SAR on a cheap flight. Thats a couple of beers in Bahrain in a cheap bar and a beer and a bag of nuts somewhere posh

Go on go mad, book Gulf Air economy for a treat and start the weekend on the lash off in style.

You gonna arrive far more relaxed and ready for the lash than driving all that way

On a separate note has anyone driven Jeddah to Yanbu recently. The flight times are shite on the return leg to Bahrain and am thinking about hiring a car and driving myself to and from Jeddah. Is it the Same shit standard of Saudi driving as in Eastern province or am I deluding myself that things may chill out on the red sea side
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:27 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Is it the Same shit standard of Saudi driving as in Eastern province or am I deluding myself that things may chill out on the red sea side
I haven't been to Western Region to check it out for myself, but from what I hear Eastern Province has good driving standards compared to the rest of the Kingdom...
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao Norsk
looks like I will fly from Jeddah to Yanbu then and put up with the long journey back by air
Leave Yanbu at 0730 and get back into Manama at 1600 crazy. Cant even get a beer at the airport to break the wait up

Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Lmao Norsk
looks like I will fly from Jeddah to Yanbu then and put up with the long journey back by air
Leave Yanbu at 0730 and get back into Manama at 1600 crazy. Cant even get a beer at the airport to break the wait up

Sorry to break it to you mate...

Oh by the way, you can get beer - it will however be alcohol free and apple, strawberry or (retch) mango flavoured...
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

On a separate note has anyone driven Jeddah to Yanbu recently. The flight times are shite on the return leg to Bahrain and am thinking about hiring a car and driving myself to and from Jeddah. Is it the Same shit standard of Saudi driving as in Eastern province or am I deluding myself that things may chill out on the red sea side
Norsk is right - the driving here out west is very bad - not as bad as Cairo say - but not far off - makes Dubai/Bahrain like a piece of cake.

Jeddah - Yanbu by road has no special issues, and at least from Jeddah airport you are on the right side of the city, so straight out onto the highway - not as bad as urban driving.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

My husband drives it at least once a week. It's easy enough, all the way highway and takes about 2 1/2 hrs.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks folks

looks like I might as well fly and be relaxed if bored in Jeddah airport rather than 2.5 hours on the road each way

Nae bother. Strawberry flavored non alcholic beer it is

also means 2 nights staying in Yanbu. Not sure my liver is ready for 2 consecutive alcohol free days !!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Leave Yanbu at 0730 and get back into Manama at 1600 crazy...
WTF are you compaining about? I would often drive between Jeddah and Yanbu, no problem. As for the allegedly long hours, how about leaving Dubai at 6.45am for a day of business in Doha, returning at 10.30pm?