Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Lakes Dubai advice.

The Lakes Dubai advice.

Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lakes Dubai advice.

Originally Posted by commander
there is nothing wrong with the Springs, especially comparing it to the lakes..to be honest they are both shit, as is the meadows..The standard of the villa's are shocking.
how you have changed since you moved to the Ranches...

Let's be honest - who cares, we all rent this shit. For me, it's just a house. You choose the nicest one you can afford nearest the places you want to be near to.

For what it's worth though, I don't like the springs much but I can see the attraction of being there.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:59 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Were here to make money not live in a Mansion to brag about and make others feel inferior who don't.

I would never say an area was shit to someone who was living there either, it's just downright rude.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:02 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
Were here to make money not live in a Mansion to brag about and make others feel inferior who don't.

I would never say an area was shit to someone who was living there either, it's just downright rude.
oh i'm sorry. it's my opinion and i'm entitled to it!

i'm not here to live in a mansion, and i certainly am not bragging about it. if you feel inferior that's your business..

Last edited by norsk; Sep 14th 2011 at 7:04 am.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
i viewed a 3 bedroom (2E) in the springs the other day. it looks okay from the outside (once you get over the american suburb feeling), but inside it is just shit. small living room, tiny kitchen with rubbish cabinets, tiny bedrooms, awful bathrooms...and to top it all off it wasn't cheap! it was the first (and last) villa i will ever look at in the springs!
What would be a typical price for something similar to what you had in Bahrain Norsky ?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:07 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
What would be a typical price for something similar to what you had in Bahrain Norsky ?
i don't know. minimum 250K probably closer to 300K...

you are well spoilt in the green zone mate...
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:10 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by norsk
oh i'm sorry. it's my opinion and i'm entitled to it!

i'm not here to live in a mansion, and i certainly am not bragging about it. if you feel inferior that's your business..
Was I speaking to you ??

Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:11 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Was I speaking to you ??

certainly seemed like it, but hey i'm willing to let it go...are you?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:24 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Of course , some Villas are shit on here, some are very well kept, it's also very dog friendly with the area around the Lakes pleasant for morning and evening walks, maybe view a few more ??

Rent allowance that we get is about 145000dhs and we would like to stay within it, any recommendations for 4 bed ?, our Boys go to Emirates International School - Meadows, something within a reasonable driving distance would be a preference.
I would love a brand new Villa without chipped floor tiles ( My only complaint about this particular Villa ) and ideally 4 beds.

We have seen a sign for http://www.jumeirahpark.com/ near to where we are, am wondering if any of these will be on the rental market when complete ?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:26 am
When in doubt, mumble.

..saying Dog Friendly is more about me liking/choosing the area than you of course as I obviously don't know if you even have a dog/dogs. x
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:02 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Of course , some Villas are shit on here, some are very well kept, it's also very dog friendly with the area around the Lakes pleasant for morning and evening walks, maybe view a few more ??

Rent allowance that we get is about 145000dhs and we would like to stay within it, any recommendations for 4 bed ?, our Boys go to Emirates International School - Meadows, something within a reasonable driving distance would be a preference.
I would love a brand new Villa without chipped floor tiles ( My only complaint about this particular Villa ) and ideally 4 beds.

We have seen a sign for http://www.jumeirahpark.com/ near to where we are, am wondering if any of these will be on the rental market when complete ?
I'm done with Springs I think. I was a bit apprehensive about it even before viewing that one, so you could say the experience destroyed my last grain of willingness to live there. Sorry. I'm sure there are some nice villas, but I just don't have the patience to view 50 shit ones to find the one that looks okay...

You could probably find something within your budget with 4 (or even 5) bedrooms in the Villas or maybe even Victory Heights. It's too far out for me though. I need to be closer to the action, and my son is temporarily going to a nursery (couldn't get him into a school, but they do FS2 so not too much of an issue) in Jumeirah.

Jumeirah Park is still a building site (and actually on hold I think), and the view of some of the villas will be questionable unless you like being next to a motorway overpass. Location is good though
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:08 am
When in doubt, mumble.

...the villas ?? is that an area ?
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:15 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

...the villas ?? is that an area ?
it's a massive 'estate' like springs up by arabian ranches..
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:21 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Cheers thanks, have bookmarked them but a bit far back for us at the moment I think, probably best to stay put until I get a bit more used to driving around....being near The School is just the best for us right now, may get more adventurous in time and dont really have to start looking until March'ish next year, Dubailand...is that same kind of area ?, some cheap big villas on there....

Re not getting your little one into a School, how many have you tried and which ones ( if you don't mind saying )
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:29 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Cheers thanks, have bookmarked them but a bit far back for us at the moment I think, probably best to stay put until I get a bit more used to driving around....being near The School is just the best for us right now, may get more adventurous in time and dont really have to start looking until March'ish next year, Dubailand...is that same kind of area ?, some cheap big villas on there....

Re not getting your little one into a School, how many have you tried and which ones ( if you don't mind saying )
Dubailand is a massive area. I think it falls under that. We're the same, trying to stay a bit close to work and school for now.

Spoken to loads. All are full with waiting lists that even sometimes are closed. He's on the waiting list at Regent only at the moment, but registering him for DBS and DESS as well although we're considering only doing it for next year now that we got him into the place in Jumeirah.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 8:35 am
When in doubt, mumble.

We are on waiting list for DBS too, my 12 year old was number 6 on the list and my 7 year old was number 23 but that was months ago and have not heard anything, got in EIS no problem and they love it and I am warming to it too as I was determined they would go to a British School, was a little apprehensive on the curriculum being IB rather than A level but the more I research it it seems the way to go.

Have you looked at EIS - Meadows ?? or is it not for you ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.