Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ladies Golf in Dubai

Ladies Golf in Dubai

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Ladies Golf in Dubai

My husband and I are moving to Dubai in August, and I am wanting to see if there is anyone / club that caters for womens golf. I have had some lessons in Australia, and I am wanting to get out on a course with someone at the same level.

Any advice on where to start? Anyone out there that would fancy playing with a beginner?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:48 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies Golf in Dubai

hi there and welcome! My husband is a golf freak and he plays on sand at Dubai Country Club. It is a great expat club and has quite a strong ladies section who play each Saturday. During the summer season though all the competitions are open to men and women. Handicap seekers welcome, they really do try and help you get your handicap. The men are very tolerant!! The grass courses also have womens sections but I am not sure how their beginners sections are run. I can arrange a months temporary membership for you when you arrive just PM me and my husband will tell you all about sand golf and show you both around.
Good luck with the move
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

That sounds great BlueCat, thank you so much for the offer. What is sand golf like compared to grass? Is it like being in a bunker all the time?

Will sure to be in contact. Thanks again!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
That sounds great BlueCat, thank you so much for the offer. What is sand golf like compared to grass? Is it like being in a bunker all the time?

Will sure to be in contact. Thanks again!
I don't play but I am told it is not that different to grass, bit hot on your legs at times and yes it is a big bunker!! It is actually quite a pretty course, rockeries and stuff, it is certainly different and it is a good place to start. Memberships are cheap and if you want to play in an organised comp they are only about 20 dhs each. Nothing compared to the other courses in town.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Flora will become famous soon enoughFlora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't play but I am told it is not that different to grass, bit hot on your legs at times and yes it is a big bunker!! It is actually quite a pretty course, rockeries and stuff, it is certainly different and it is a good place to start. Memberships are cheap and if you want to play in an organised comp they are only about 20 dhs each. Nothing compared to the other courses in town.
Don't know how much longer the Country Club or it's golf course is going to be around! There is a big group of ladies who play at Arabian Ranches Golf Club - most of them started by taking lessons with Sandy Meyer - the only lady pro in the Gulf. She's lovely and a great teacher, the ladies I've met through the club are easy going and a lot less stuffy than some of the other clubs in town.

It's a bit hot to play between June and September but we're all pretty active the rest of the time.

Good luck with your move and your golf!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:46 pm
Concierge

The Country Club is relocating. I have met Sandy she is really lovely.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:04 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware none of the clubs have here have any restriction on ladies and most have an active social and competition scene. Have a look at the UGA (UAE Golf Association): http://www.ugagolf.com/index.asp They have links to all of the clubs and background on handicaps / comps as well as dicount benefits etc.

HTH...
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:29 am
W10

Lots of golf courses, none of them have ladies or handicap restrictions as far as I know.

When you arrive I would recommend playing the par 3 course at Emirates Golf Club.

Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
Lots of golf courses, none of them have ladies or handicap restrictions as far as I know.

When you arrive I would recommend playing the par 3 course at Emirates Golf Club.
none of them have ladies ??
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:47 am
W10

People wearing skirts, but no ladies

Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
People wearing skirts, but no ladies
ok I get it!! My DH has had a handicap cut!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

golfergirl has a brilliant futuregolfergirl has a brilliant futuregolfergirl has a brilliant futuregolfergirl has a brilliant futuregolfergirl has a brilliant futuregolfergirl has a brilliant future

Hi,
the Montgomerie has ladies sessions at the academy on mondays I think. It's a great way to meet new people and you play with other ladies who are just starting out. it's a very friendly club newbies are always made very welcome.
Good luck with your move.