Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The "Ladies" Of Dubai

The "Ladies" Of Dubai

Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:53 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
company credit card for expenses, have to earn mega bucks to get one, you fancy a drink one night Pino????

LOL!!!
I must be thick...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pino
I've now been here for around 6 weeks and I thought I'd like to share with you my thoughts about "Lifestyles of the Pseudo Riche & Infamous".

So, as some of you know, I'm a Corporate Lawyer based in DIFC, and having moved from London for the new challenge (after a not much fun divorce) I am quite amazed at what I 've observed here.

It appears to me, and it may be that I go to the "wrong" places, eg Agency, Bar44, Barasti, 360, ShoCho etc. that the women are desperate men hungry beings that ask immediately what you do, when I tell them (I'm not going to lie) they're all over me and my male colleagues like a shot. That's just the ones wearing wedding rings, the single ones are a bit shyer.

So why is this? Are the women here just totally obsessed by the fact you've got a Porsche and a decent apartment, or is it that they love the Black Corporate Amex?

I find it all so fake, where do you folks recommend a normal guy like me should go, I mean I'm sick of making conversation about Chloe bags, Jimmy's shoes and how they totally rely on their maids - but don't work, to women who only appear to want a bit on the side. And don't even start me on the Air Hostesses!

Just somewhere where we can chat and have a laugh, nothing more, not yet anyway.

Just a cry for help, but I thought that if any group could help me it would be you people.

Thanks in advance

Pino

Just a thought but if you are so bothered by these ladies. ... then lie. When they ask what you do say you are a builder or a aircraft cleaner. I am sure you will soon get rid of them. Another point, dont tell them what you drive and that you have a good apartment.... AND DONT flash the black amex. Seems fairly simple to me.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Just a thought but if you are so bothered by these ladies. ... then lie. When they ask what you do say you are a builder or a aircraft cleaner. I am sure you will soon get rid of them. Another point, dont tell them what you drive and that you have a good apartment.... AND DONT flash the black amex. Seems fairly simple to me.
now why didn't I think of that, excellent advise...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

So you have come out of a divorce and complaining about totty throwing themselves at you...

have you considered therapy?
W10

Actually - although our friend is showing off a little, it is easy as snapping your fingers.

I managed to score a date once while driving down SRZ in a 20 year old convertible (although I am devastatingly handsome)

Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Excuse me........ but I think were ever you go there are far more men to women and whereever you go married MEN are hitting on anything with a pulse and lipstick.....
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
although I am devastatingly handsome)
of course... that goes without saying.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

do they even need the lipstick or the pulse?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by sassy
Excuse me........ but I think were ever you go there are far more men to women and whereever you go married MEN are hitting on anything with a pulse and lipstick.....
you're excused....and you're right...
Just Joined

Pino will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by W10
I've lost count of the number of times I've been hit on by married women, sometimes while I'm with my better half. It's the same with a lot of the men too.
You get hit on by the men too.

Now that is a worry!

And no, that pics nothing like me..
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mellie66
do they even need the lipstick or the pulse?
not according to jammy
W10

I think its pick one from two with regards to the men.

Pulse - no
Lipstick - yes

Ok lets hit on her...

Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:58 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Pino
You get hit on by the men too.

Now that is a worry!

And no, that pics nothing like me..
haha - I mean my gf gets hit on by men while we are standing chatting. It's unbelievable

Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not according to jammy
hahahaha
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Must have one of those Military General type jackets,showing all his merits on his chest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.