Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The "Ladies" Of Dubai

The "Ladies" Of Dubai

Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:13 pm
W10

Default Re: The "Ladies" Of Dubai

No - you should come and see for yourself, you may like it.

If you don't you can always leave.

Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

alfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10
No - you should come and see for yourself, you may like it.

If you don't you can always leave.
I have been in and out for the last 5 years, always seemed a great place as a visitor, never really appreciated the difference between visiting and living there...

Problem Is my accomodation allowance will mean I am seriously downsizing from what I have been used to if I rent so I was hoping to buy... of course if I buy then its not so easy to leave
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfro
I have been in and out for the last 5 years, always seemed a great place as a visitor, never really appreciated the difference between visiting and living there...

Problem Is my accomodation allowance will mean I am seriously downsizing from what I have been used to if I rent so I was hoping to buy... of course if I buy then its not so easy to leave
Problem IS always the accommodation allowance.

Don't buy. See how you feel about the place and if it still feels the same after say 12-18 months (after the initial honeymoon period is over), then decide.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

As a single bloke about to move to Dubai, I really don't know how to take this thread at all.

A recently divorced bloke complaining about to much female attention??? Guys making statements about it being easy to get laid as if thats a bad thing?

I am confused... are all these "desperate" women hideously ugly or "mature" or what?
the answer is...or what.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:39 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused... are all these "desperate" women hideously ugly or "mature" or what?
A bit of both mate.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:00 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on leave this last week and have showed the place to my parents and my brother. It made me think that this place is a great holiday destination, but not such a great place to work and live in. And I think the people you are with and your mental state can make a great deal of difference to how you perceive the place.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Apr 14th 2007 at 5:03 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I've been on leave this last week and have showed the place to my parents and my brother. It made me think that this place is a great holiday destination, but not such a great place to work and live in. And I think the people you are with and your mental state can make a great deal of difference to how you perceive the place.
my friends come out every year for a holiday, they would never live here and think I am mad doing so! they say that they want to keep it as a holiday destination and live in the real world! me - I am on permanent holiday!!!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
my friends come out every year for a holiday, they would never live here and think I am mad doing so! they say that they want to keep it as a holiday destination and live in the real world! me - I am on permanent holiday!!!

I had around 80 guests i think out from the UK and other places for my wedding and they all loved the place but the majority of them after a week or so totally agreed that it is an amazing place on the surface

holiday destination it is great
to live, well its entirely down to the individual and family. i think i would describe it a 'different and challenging'
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
I had around 80 guests i think out from the UK and other places for my wedding and they all loved the place but the majority of them after a week or so totally agreed that it is an amazing place on the surface

holiday destination it is great
to live, well its entirely down to the individual and family. i think i would describe it a 'different and challenging'
I think we have it cracked. We basically live her much the same as we would in the UK. We have a three year old so nights out etc just don't happen. I don't have a maid but sometimes ring in one if the place gets into a tip. I do all my own housework etc, cook every day. I think what I am trying to say is that we haven't been sucked into the brunching, champers lifestyle that some do. Not that I am criticising them for it by any means! When I came here the questions that used to be asked when you met someone knew was where do you live? where does the DH work?? how many toilets??? (only got one arse!) now the first thing people say to you is how long you been here?? It's like you get respect for sticking it as long!!! My best friends have been here 26 years, and 24 years respectively. They keep my feet well and truly on the ground!!!! I love what Dubai has to offer but that is for the tourists in my opinion, not the residents. We do it when we have visitors which is enough for me !!!

BC
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have it cracked. We basically live her much the same as we would in the UK. We have a three year old so nights out etc just don't happen. I don't have a maid but sometimes ring in one if the place gets into a tip. I do all my own housework etc, cook every day. I think what I am trying to say is that we haven't been sucked into the brunching, champers lifestyle that some do. Not that I am criticising them for it by any means! When I came here the questions that used to be asked when you met someone knew was where do you live? where does the DH work?? how many toilets??? (only got one arse!) now the first thing people say to you is how long you been here?? It's like you get respect for sticking it as long!!! My best friends have been here 26 years, and 24 years respectively. They keep my feet well and truly on the ground!!!! I love what Dubai has to offer but that is for the tourists in my opinion, not the residents. We do it when we have visitors which is enough for me !!!

BC
so...how many toilets do you have BC?

MM, xx
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:30 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
so...how many toilets do you have BC?

MM, xx
one each !!!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

BC
And what colour are the faucets in your toilets???Any well known brands,etc????
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Confucius
And what colour are the faucets in your toilets???Any well known brands,etc????
hang on let me check .......................
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:09 am
Get Up Offa That Thing

fazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nice

i was here on holiday a few years back. there was no traffic! shopping was cheap! i loved every moment of it.

a few years later i got an offer and snapped it up. i had 4 sets of friends/family visit me over 6 months and it was ace. looking back i realise now that i was only truly happy when i had ppl over.

in my opinion this place is great if you have family. but if you came out here alone, youd get bored real quick.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by fazzo
i was here on holiday a few years back. there was no traffic! shopping was cheap! i loved every moment of it.

a few years later i got an offer and snapped it up. i had 4 sets of friends/family visit me over 6 months and it was ace. looking back i realise now that i was only truly happy when i had ppl over.

in my opinion this place is great if you have family. but if you came out here alone, youd get bored real quick.
it's been good for me, my parents live here, my brother did but gone back, my cousin is here with her daughter. I have had my friends that long now they feel like family too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.