Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lack of Clothes - again

Lack of Clothes - again

Old May 14th 2012, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of Clothes - again

Originally Posted by Alexa
See, here is the thing....shorts or short skirts are NOT supposed to be worn under the abaya. That is why, if and when you see a lady's abaya opening by accident (or on purpose) you will 99% of every time see jeans or long pants underneath.
The myth of wearing only underwear under the abaya, is exactly that, a myth.
I can never imagine the wearer in undies, but the emirati girl who showed me her surf girl outfit said that one the main reasons she liked it is that she could wear it and no one would know. She had a very modest one on though, not a accidentally flash one's dainty ankle/ calf/ thigh one.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:06 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Fatties should not be allowed wobble about semi clothed around in malls, its enough to put me off my lunch.

I have nothing of value to add to this debate
Old May 14th 2012, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I can never imagine the wearer in undies, but the emirati girl who showed me her surf girl outfit said that one the main reasons she liked it is that she could wear it and no one would know. She had a very modest one on though, not a accidentally flash one's dainty ankle/ calf/ thigh one.
Have to admit though, I once wore my nighty under the abaya...could not be helped, was a very short notice shopping invite late at night during Ramadan...
Old May 14th 2012, 11:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...est-dress-code

The thing is, is it specifically directed at Brits? Why just the British Ambassador? What about the Arab speaking people / women who also wear very revealing clothing?

I think mainly Lebanese? Is it because they are Arabic speaking they cany get away with it more than the westerners?
Why at the Brits? Because, generally, we're appallingly dressed, particularly when compared with the rest of Europe. (Ok, 'Merica's a special case.)
Old May 14th 2012, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

You have just disabused a lot of people of a cherished impression.

It's a bit like telling kids there's no Santa........... on christmas eve.
Old May 14th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the mallcops can handle this? It needn't be a law or anything. Discreetly asking a 'violator' to leave will get the message across.
Old May 14th 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

And what do you think those wealthy, Gucci carrying women wear underneath..jeans, pants etc, just like any other run of the mill expat out there. There is one difference though...expats usually do not wear shoes with heels higher than the Eiffel Tower...or make up so think you need to scrape it off the face.
Sounds suspiciously like the complaint of an overweight never-bothers-with-makeup hiddy. Why do it? Do you also look at attractive women and sneer "she's had surgery- they're fake tits!" ?
Old May 14th 2012, 2:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why at the Brits? Because, generally, we're appallingly dressed, particularly when compared with the rest of Europe. (Ok, 'Merica's a special case.)

Can I remind you of the dreadfully dressed Russians? A bit like some Brits but shinier, cheaper, more sequins and animal print.
Old May 14th 2012, 2:13 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Sounds suspiciously like the complaint of an overweight never-bothers-with-makeup hiddy. Why do it? Do you also look at attractive women and sneer "she's had surgery- they're fake tits!" ?

So wide of the mark, that's almost funny, despite being rather unpleasant.
Old May 14th 2012, 2:40 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Can I remind you of the dreadfully dressed Russians? A bit like some Brits but shinier, cheaper, more sequins and animal print.
True. But the average Brit-on-holiday would put Primark to shame.
Old May 14th 2012, 3:01 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the official dress code for males?? I only ever wear long shorts as I assume sports shorts with my fine toned legs would also get them in a tizwas. Or doesn't that matter?
Old May 14th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, on a couple of occasions now when the wind has caught, I've seen an expanse of leg almost up to the fur....
Old May 14th 2012, 5:26 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
The difference I would say though is, the badly dressed British women aren't usually accompanied by a 6ft 3 Russian Mafia gangster.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Naa, they look at me...
Old May 14th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

You have just disabused a lot of people of a cherished impression.

It's a bit like telling kids there's no Santa........... on christmas eve.
Sorry, was very thoughtless of me...can you you try to forget it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.