Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Labour Law questions - can you leave within your probationary period?

Labour Law questions - can you leave within your probationary period?

Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:16 am
Just Joined

cat_inthemiddleeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Labour Law questions - can you leave within your probationary period?

Hi Guys,

Im thinking about leaving my job - im within my 6 month probationary period! I know a couple people that have changed jobs in this kind of time frame but I was speaking to a friend last night who said that you can be banned from working by the Labour department for up to a year... Is this true?

Any advice would be amazing!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:47 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Labour Law questions - can you leave within your probationary period?

Originally Posted by cat_inthemiddleeast
Hi Guys,

Im thinking about leaving my job - im within my 6 month probationary period! I know a couple people that have changed jobs in this kind of time frame but I was speaking to a friend last night who said that you can be banned from working by the Labour department for up to a year... Is this true?

Any advice would be amazing!
hi cat, you might want to try a search on the word 'ban' as there's been a couple of recent stories about people moving between companies and leaving the UAE. there's one thing that changes the circumstances as well is if you're working in a free-zone as the rules are different to elsewhere.

i'm sure more experienced and knowledgable members of the bored can help further.

good luck
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:49 am
Just Joined

cat_inthemiddleeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Labour Law questions - can you leave within your probationary period?

Originally Posted by still.unsure
hi cat, you might want to try a search on the word 'ban' as there's been a couple of recent stories about people moving between companies and leaving the UAE. there's one thing that changes the circumstances as well is if you're working in a free-zone as the rules are different to elsewhere.

i'm sure more experienced and knowledgable members of the bored can help further.

good luck

Yeah - I do work in the Free Zone! What are the differences in the rules?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:24 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cat_inthemiddleeast
Yeah - I do work in the Free Zone! What are the differences in the rules?
sorry, but i don't know enough to be of much help, but you may want to look at this thread... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559618 as it might be of some use.