British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   KSA visa and medical (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ksa-visa-medical-864648/)

scot47 Dec 13th 2015 3:46 pm

Re: KSA visa and medical

I worked there with Diabetes for many years. In one job (Saudi Arabian Airlines) HR policy was to terminate contract employees who had Diabetes. All employers are a bit wary of people with diagnoses or history of psychiatric conditions.Maybe you can discuss with your GP. Do not rule out working in KSA. I had psychiatric "issues" and was sectioned but still went to KSA after a recovery.
I am not sure how open you should be about any of your issues, although I would not worry too much about Hypertension.

Jason70 Dec 13th 2015 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 11813480)
I worked there with Diabetes for many years. In one job (Saudi Arabian Airlines) HR policy was to terminate contract employees who had Diabetes. All employers are a bit wary of people with diagnoses or history of psychiatric conditions.Maybe you can discuss with your GP. Do not rule out working in KSA. I had psychiatric "issues" and was sectioned but still went to KSA after a recovery.
I am not sure how open you should be about any of your issues, although I would not worry too much about Hypertension.

Thanks for the quick reply, Scot. I have made some further inquiries and, as you say, it does appear that diabetes and high BP should not be much of a concern.

The thing with mental illness is that my GP knows all about it (obviously) and in no way will lie about it. Like i said earlier, even if he does, i will need repeat prescriptions when i land in Saudi, so it won't work in the long term.

Again my employer is a big western company with enlightened views on mental illness but if the Saudis don't accept it even my employers won't be able to do anything about it.

I'm desperate for this job and the Saudi visa process takes at least 3 months. I don't want to wait that long only to find out I've been denied. That's why i wanted to ask if anyone has declared mental illness on their form and had been accepted or rejected?

Regards

mission Dec 15th 2015 2:11 pm

wow i had no idea getting a permit to work in saudi was so damn 'intrusive'....it's ironic, cos these mofo's (ie the saudis) aren't capable or willing to do the jobs themselves, and yet want to vet you down to such a degree. I'm surprised that part of the medical doesn't including one's sexual history:eek:

sicklyman Dec 16th 2015 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 11814633)
I'm surprised that part of the medical doesn't including one's sexual history:eek:

well an HIV test goes some way towards that... although it is of course possible to pick up HIV in ways not involving sex.