KSA Visa Medical

Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:18 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question KSA Visa Medical

Hi,

Anybody did KSA visa medicals from Melbourne,Australia?The normal GP doesn't do it because there are xrays and other tests involved?

Any experiences?

Thanks,
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:16 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: KSA Visa Medical

not sure about melbourne, but recently went through one in london and they did;
- standard physical (blood pressure, breath sounds, reflexes, *cough* test, hiv/blood test, urine test)
- they added a tb chest x-ray (cabrini should be able to do one)

have you tried travel doc in the city (www.traveldoctor.com.au)? i know they do all your travel jabs, they may be best to point you in the right direction. but of course, the best bet is always to contact the saudi embassy/consulate and ask them...

bettawfeeq inshallah!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has just has hers done at a private clinic in Harley St, London. It involved chest Xray and blood tests which test for 5 different things,including HIV ,Syphilis , Hep C and Hep B plus one other I can't remember. Hearing, eye test, height weight and blood pressure are all part of the basics too.

If your GP can't / won't do it, you may have to have it done privately. The Saudi Embassy here in London also needs the tests to be verified by the Foreign Office.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:20 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

hey nottmbantam, out of curiousity, how long did it take to get your visa sorted? (from go to whoa)

am now into my 14th week and no light at the end of the tunnel yet...
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:00 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by still.unsure
hey nottmbantam, out of curiousity, how long did it take to get your visa sorted? (from go to whoa)

am now into my 14th week and no light at the end of the tunnel yet...
Hi SU,

There's one thing about Saudi Arabia you have to keep in the back of your mind, and that is "Why make it easy if I can make it bloody impossible...". I would get your (future) employer to call the Saudi embassy, that tends to speed up things a lot.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Now then, there 's a long story or two in here, but I really won't bore you with the details.

My visa took a relatively short time. I went for my medical on 6th Feb with my employer. The passport was returned to me on or around 13th March, which had the visa in it.

The medical results can take up to a week or so to sort out. Once these are done, the visa takes a few days for the Saudi Embassy to process it. My employer didn't want it issued too early as I think , it has to be used within three months of issue. I was due to fly out on 6th April, but needed my passport back in mid March as I was going to Rome for a week, so they to process it fairly quickly.

THe visa for wife and step daughter has been a total nightmare and a right royal stress. It is currently being processed and their passports should - inshallah - be back with us next week, for us to fly out on 16th August.

In my case, I got the job offer on 26th December and arrived in KSA on 6th April, just over 3 months.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:43 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: KSA Visa Medical

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Now then, there 's a long story or two in here, but I really won't bore you with the details.

My visa took a relatively short time. I went for my medical on 6th Feb with my employer. The passport was returned to me on or around 13th March, which had the visa in it.

The medical results can take up to a week or so to sort out. Once these are done, the visa takes a few days for the Saudi Embassy to process it. My employer didn't want it issued too early as I think , it has to be used within three months of issue. I was due to fly out on 6th April, but needed my passport back in mid March as I was going to Rome for a week, so they to process it fairly quickly.

THe visa for wife and step daughter has been a total nightmare and a right royal stress. It is currently being processed and their passports should - inshallah - be back with us next week, for us to fly out on 16th August.

In my case, I got the job offer on 26th December and arrived in KSA on 6th April, just over 3 months.
The medical exam form is such as extensive one that usually normal GP dont want to do it.I have applied and got US visa but i must say here that the procedure to get US visa is more staraight forward/clear and simple then KSA.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:15 am
Just Joined

ronandlouie is on a distinguished road

I work in KSA for 8 years and the following will apply;

You have to contact the KSA authorities, either embassy or the sponsor can do and they have a list of approved medical centres.

If there is no-one than you contact the ministry of foreign health in Australia and they will help you in the correct direction.

If you go to any medical embassy, the saudi embassy will NOT stamp your passport.

All the best

Ron
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:48 am
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point

as i was reading this thread i would like you to advice us as well, my husband just got an offer from riyadh , the company really needed him on an urgent bases for a project. they told him to come on a bussiness visa, and then they will apply for the iqama , if the iqama is not processed they will get the bussiness visa extended, my question is that is ok to come on the bussiness visa and they the company will convert it afterwards,the comp said that it takes a long time to get the work visa or the iqama ( i am not sure what they call it there) and due to ramadan things will just go very slow,
I am hoping there is nothing fishy in this but just wanted your opnion on it
all the advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jia
as i was reading this thread i would like you to advice us as well, my husband just got an offer from riyadh , the company really needed him on an urgent bases for a project. they told him to come on a bussiness visa, and then they will apply for the iqama , if the iqama is not processed they will get the bussiness visa extended, my question is that is ok to come on the bussiness visa and they the company will convert it afterwards,the comp said that it takes a long time to get the work visa or the iqama ( i am not sure what they call it there) and due to ramadan things will just go very slow,
Thanks
Be careful as in Saudia there are three visas : Bussiness Visa, Visit Work Visa and Work Visa. Only Work visa is convertable into iqama and residence permit.

Be careful with the employers as they sometime call people on different profession work visa for example they may call a mechanical engineer on a labourer work visa.The person coming to KSA on labourer work visa can never sponsor his family to join him permenantly because according to govt. the set salary of labourer is approx. 2000 SAR.This visa profession is not easy to change after entering KSA.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jia
Thanks
Agree as mentioned below, I have too many good guys come on a business visa (max 6 months) and after the project, no extension. If the sponsor is serious and has contracts at hand, a visa is not an issue, and can be issued withing a two week period.

All the best

RonandLouie
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ronandlouie
Agree as mentioned below, I have too many good guys come on a business visa (max 6 months) and after the project, no extension. If the sponsor is serious and has contracts at hand, a visa is not an issue, and can be issued withing a two week period.

All the best

RonandLouie
In case if they give iqama and the project ends?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:01 am
jia
Forum Regular

this is what they told us, he will be getting in saudi on bussiness visa as its processed much quicker,after entering they will apply and change it to work visa .my husband is hired as a permanant employee,contract renewable each yr, its a vendor company and they need him asap for their client. they are paying him $14000 per month as lum sum and medical and joining tickets ,is this going to be enough for a family of four with 7yr and 1 yr old.we are planning to stay in riyadh for 3 o 5 yr is it good amount to save a bit. will appreciate all ur input.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:28 am
Just Joined

$14000 per month is more than enough, depending on your lifestyle. You should be able to save at least $5000 a month keep in mind that when you kids grow up, you will need school fees and this is quit expensive.

When he gets the business visa, he has to reurn to get his work visa. If they are that serious to have him immediately, add a director clause, meaning pay 6 months salary upfront. Than you are covered.
regards

RonandLouie
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:44 am
jia
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for ur input, i was reading on the other forum that "one should negotiate his salary other wise they wont take you high', as this is the way things work in this part of region. we didnt negotiate his package as we thought its good,we said yes after looking at the initial package.There are too many thoughts , and now we are confused as should we ask them for more just to show what is the norm in saudi or just keep quite and see how it goes.
I am so thankful to all ur advice it really clear up all the unknown....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.