Reload this Page >

KSA Labor Law / Employment Law

KSA Labor Law / Employment Law

Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KSA Labor Law / Employment Law

Good day all.

Does anybody know of any KSA legal advisers that are experts in Employment disputes? I am in Bahrain and have spoken to somebody here but that company is not familiar with some specifics of the Saudi side (where I was employed).

Thanks if anyone has any guidance, personal experience or recommendations to make.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KSA Labor Law / Employment Law

The Saudi Labor Code is actually quite tough. Problem is getting your say. There are lawyers inb KSA who can help but that will cost you. Is it worth it ?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Scot

I won't comment on the specifics, and the question of 'is it worth it' depends on the final terms of settlement, which are due to be confirmed.

Sadly, faith in my company to handle this correctly has been eliminated by recent events. I resisted temptation to say anything stronger.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

It will also depend on whether they are a Saudi run company or a bunch of foreigners.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 6:17 am
Just Joined

HOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really niceHOOD_KSA is just really nice

It doesn't matter if it's a Saudi run company or not. The Labor Office will look at your dispute and act according to the complaint and labor law.

Best to do a search for lawyers in the relevant city and give them a call. Most will support labor dispute cases.

If you have a dispute regarding calculation of end of service benefits please drop me a message as I can guide you (I head HR for a big group of companies).

Otherwise head for a lawyer!
Old Mar 20th 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Hood.

I'm waiting on a couple of legal firms to come back to me. There is an element of query on the calculation but also a much more significant point that I need to know my position on - only lawyers could help on this.

If one of these firms don't sort me out, I may take up your kind offer of advice on the calculation side - assuming we don't have any conflict of interest!

Thanks again.