KSA Iqama?

Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default KSA Iqama?

I've been (reliably) informed that once I arrive in KSA, I will have to wait for up to three weeks for the Iqama to come through. Apparently, during this time, I am not allowed to work, as the Iqama is my work visa.

Does this happen - what to people do when they first arrive until the Iqama comes through - is it three weeks of 'acclimitisation'? I guess I'll be getting to know my compound very well indeed...
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KSA Iqama?

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
I've been (reliably) informed that once I arrive in KSA, I will have to wait for up to three weeks for the Iqama to come through. Apparently, during this time, I am not allowed to work, as the Iqama is my work visa.

Does this happen - what to people do when they first arrive until the Iqama comes through - is it three weeks of 'acclimitisation'? I guess I'll be getting to know my compound very well indeed...
You can work, as I assume you will initially be brought in on a 'business visitor' visa? This is then converted - at least that's how it always used to work........ check with your employer.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dean, but that what was my employer told me, so hence the confusion. They did say that I have to wait for the iqama, but did also suggest that during that time, I 'might' be given some work to do from home.....
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

rdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nice

Thanks Dean, but that what was my employer told me, so hence the confusion. They did say that I have to wait for the iqama, but did also suggest that during that time, I 'might' be given some work to do from home.....
Hey nottm
Did you managed to find accomodation in a compound-apparently it's a big problem. I'm headed there end of April,,,
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So long as the iqama is being processed, you should be okay to work...but if your boss wants you to stay at home, you shouldn't look a gift camel in the mouth.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

rdan- got accommodation sorted out through my employers. I'm going into Salwa Garden Village, about 33km's out of Riyadh, bit of a trek! Don't know how far / close this is to where I'm working.

Yeah, thanks LionH, I guess I shouldn't complain about it too much eh? I guess if I'm ok to work - then I probably will . They'll want their money's worth.....
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

rdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nice

rdan- got accommodation sorted out through my employers. I'm going into Salwa Garden Village, about 33km's out of Riyadh, bit of a trek! Don't know how far / close this is to where I'm working.

Yeah, thanks LionH, I guess I shouldn't complain about it too much eh? I guess if I'm ok to work - then I probably will . They'll want their money's worth.....
How full is the compound-if u don't mind answering on cost (3 bed), facilities?
Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rdan0209
How full is the compound-if u don't mind answering on cost (3 bed), facilities?
Thanks
THe compound is, AFAIK, owned by BAE Systems and is for their employees only, so doubt if it is open to employees of other companies. I don't have an idea on costs I'm afraid, as its all provided for as part of my package.

I have a list somewhere at home of the other compounds in Riyadh, can let you have it soon, but I'm working away from home for the next few days, might not be able to do it til about Friday? I'm sure there is a list here somewhere on the forum....

cheers.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Salwa is a bit far out but is a great compound that has lots of benfits that others don't have. Enjoy. Wish I lived there instead of Kingdom which is pretty dire . . . .

Nicola