Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

In KSA, how much does it cost 2 hire a truck 4 a 500 km trip & 4 two workers?

In KSA, how much does it cost 2 hire a truck 4 a 500 km trip & 4 two workers?

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Yacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really niceYacoub is just really nice
Default In KSA, how much does it cost 2 hire a truck 4 a 500 km trip & 4 two workers?

Greetings:

I am moving from my present location in Saudi Arabia to new location also in Saudi Arabia. The distance is about 500 kilometers. I will be hiring a truck to bring my household effects to my new location. The effects are mostly very full banana boxes, but there may also be a bed (a complete set), a stove, two night desks, and a large metal trunk. Loading the truck should take an hour or two. I will hire two guys to load the truck. My question is how much should I pay everyone for moving? First, what should I pay the truck driver? It will be a medium sized truck and he has to drive 500 kms. I have been told that 500 riyals is a fair price, but I am not certain about this. Lastly, I will be employing two workers to load the truck. Does anyone know the standard rate for laborers in Saudi Arabia? Some people tell that 40 riyals per worker for two hours work is quite satisfactory, but I’m not sure. Any advice anyone can give in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In KSA, how much does it cost 2 hire a truck 4 a 500 km trip & 4 two workers?

Offer them slightly less than they ask for. If they're good tip them extra up to around what they asked for in the first place.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:39 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In KSA, how much does it cost 2 hire a truck 4 a 500 km trip & 4 two workers?

Are you seriously moaning about 500Riyals for moving your possessions 500km (i.e. 1000km round trip for the diver) and with 2 people helping you for an entire day.

I think you need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror and repeat these words "I am ashamed of myself"
Old Apr 4th 2014, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

That's a good price. My company paid 800 for the same recently. I thought they were paying a little over the odds, but we're westerners, so the prices back home come to mind.....
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Andyapr is an unknown quantity at this point

well 500 sar is about the going rate for the day so the driver will be happy.... also if you just ask the driver to bring a mate they will load and off load for you.... be kind to them give them a 100sar + the truck rental price too ... 600 sar its not a lot of money to be honest for what you are wanting done.... and it could save the head ache of finding a labour to arrive the same time as the truck.... it is saudi you no
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:29 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

If you're really that bothered about it a lot of people are happy with 25 SAR an hour for labour.