Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KSA: Friday shopping times please?

KSA: Friday shopping times please?

Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

magnification is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KSA: Friday shopping times please?

Do shops generally open at 4pm on Fridays in KSA, Eastern Province.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KSA: Friday shopping times please?

I don't pay too much notice to KSA opening times but am safe in the knowledge that whenever I enter a mall or supermarket it will be shut for prayer time.

I have a knack.

Plus you never know how long you have to wait. They should install countdown clocks (like the traffic lights) so everyone knows how long they've got left to shop / or wait until they can shop.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by saudiflares
They should install countdown clocks (like the traffic lights) so everyone knows how long they've got left to shop / or wait until they can shop.
LOL!

I believe the major supermarkets open at 4pm on holy day. Get yourself a smartphone app for the rest of the prayer times.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

hamad11 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes they open . for anyone who's annoyed about prayer time . nobody force you to be in ksa ).
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hamad11
yes they open . for anyone who's annoyed about prayer time . nobody force you to be in ksa ).
I know but I like Riyadh and Saudis. It's only a minor irk. I should really get an app or something.

Do you think my countdown clock is a good idea? I'm looking for Saudi partners to realise this. Hamad? Sure we could get them knocked up in Taiwan or China with a little radio receiver linked back to a master clock with exact timings depending where you are in the Kingdom.

Man walks up to open shop entrance '6 minutes 12 seconds until we close for Asr prayers' - man either nips in quickly or heads off elsewhere (or to the mosque) or

Man walks up to shut shop with Filipino staff smoking cigarettes outside '13 minutes 55 seconds until we open after Maghrib - you should be in the mosque'

Do you have Dragon's Den on KSA TV?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:37 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
LOL!

I believe the major supermarkets open at 4pm on holy day. Get yourself a smartphone app for the rest of the prayer times.
Carrefour etc seem to open about 12:45 on a Friday buy the shops in the malls open about 4.
In Riyadh anyway.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:40 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't pay too much notice to KSA opening times but am safe in the knowledge that whenever I enter a mall or supermarket it will be shut for prayer time.

I have a knack.

Plus you never know how long you have to wait. They should install countdown clocks (like the traffic lights) so everyone knows how long they've got left to shop / or wait until they can shop.
Get the app Al Salah on your phone. Got a picture of the black cube. It's very accurate and comes in handy.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:08 am
Just Joined

hamad11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know but I like Riyadh and Saudis. It's only a minor irk. I should really get an app or something.

Do you think my countdown clock is a good idea? I'm looking for Saudi partners to realise this. Hamad? Sure we could get them knocked up in Taiwan or China with a little radio receiver linked back to a master clock with exact timings depending where you are in the Kingdom.

Man walks up to open shop entrance '6 minutes 12 seconds until we close for Asr prayers' - man either nips in quickly or heads off elsewhere (or to the mosque) or

Man walks up to shut shop with Filipino staff smoking cigarettes outside '13 minutes 55 seconds until we open after Maghrib - you should be in the mosque'

Do you have Dragon's Den on KSA TV?
i do not want you get upset about prayer time . but . this system from long years ago.
if you not know prayer time . you can get application in app store about prayer time.

one of good ideas . go after isha pray or in morning .

Do you have Dragon's Den on KSA TV? acctully. i am not fan of tv

thank you ))
Old Sep 1st 2013, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Carrefour in Khobar is open from 8:30am-10:30am on a Friday which is my favourite time of the week to shop by far
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

From memory, in Jeddah, many of the majors - supermarkets etc open after the lunch time prayer is complete - around 1 - with the smaller shops opening after the 'afternoon' prayer around 4-5pm.