Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KSA & Finger Printing

KSA & Finger Printing

Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default KSA & Finger Printing

Just another reminder for us poor folk here in KSA and are thinking of escaping in the next few weeks on vacation.
Dont forget to get your fingerprints taken, or you will not be able to exit this sand pit.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KSA & Finger Printing

Sheesh - don't I know it! Had to go TWICE to have mine done.

First time , was a piece of cake. My broker psuhed me as far up in the queue as he could was in and out after about 45 mins ( was told it could take hours - so was quite pleased )

THen found out that the prints were not uploaded into the data base, so could get my Multi visa renewed.

Second time went to a different office - which was just chaos outside - police were brutual in handling the large queues outside. That took just over an hour.Thankfully though they processed the prints and I've got my multi now
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine done in Taif about 2 years ago, Yes it took about the same time back then
strange its just arrived in Riyadh
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Its also the requirement for Jeddah now, all the expats ( males anyway ) had to pile down the passport office to have their prints done. Wonder why it was going off in Taif so long ago?

Even though the implementation of it seems a bit chaotic, I have to admire the Saudi's commitment to getting all their data online and their e-government drive.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

So, before we, as dependants, finally leave do we need to get fingerprints done or it just the main visa holder ?

N
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would speak to the embassy on saturday morning for the real info.
better safe than sorry.
I would hate to think that you get to the airport, and then they say eeerrrr no sorry stand over there, in a mile long que and maybe then you miss your flight.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:50 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
I would speak to the embassy on saturday morning for the real info.
better safe than sorry.
I would hate to think that you get to the airport, and then they say eeerrrr no sorry stand over there, in a mile long que and maybe then you miss your flight.
Sorry, mis-read the thread title. Thought we were talking about finger painting, on which I'm an expert.

Ho hum, carry on.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

We will be going out on a final exit visa, so perhaps that will make a difference; seems a bit pointless if we are leaving for good. Will check tomorrow - would hate to miss the flight and be stuck here.

N
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

If its Final Exit, wouldn't have thought it would make any difference, but you're right to have it checked anyway.

The general rule is all the males ( main visa holder ) HAVE to have it done prior to renewing visa's and iqama's. My wife can exit the country on her multi, but has to have her prints done at the airport when she returns back into KSA. As step daughter is under 18, she doesn't need it.

I've been told that by two separate people from two different companies, so there seems to be some consistency.

When's your big day Nic, when you leaving?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are off on 6th July. Do feel a bit sad as the girls I work with are great, but we can meet up in Beirut which will be fun. Otherwise no real regrets, it's all just a bit scarey the thought of a move just me and the kids.

N