Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KSA Employment visa approved ,better to use agency or not?

KSA Employment visa approved ,better to use agency or not?

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Chiefsahib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KSA Employment visa approved ,better to use agency or not?

Hi All,

Finaly got the emploment visa approved so now its time to get it stamped in the passport, so which option is better and easy?

1) Use the Agency to go through the process !

2) Go through the process by myself !

I want to get your advice which route should i take?

Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Default Re: KSA Employment visa approved ,better to use agency or not?

Any suggestions Please??
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:19 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

It depends where you're from, but it is definitely easier to use an agent. They do cost a bit though, so make sure your company will pay for it.

In some countries they will make it very difficult to do it yourself. UK being one of them. They basically tell you that they will only deal with agents (even though they will let you do it yourself, but they'll make it difficult)...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk
It depends where you're from, but it is definitely easier to use an agent. They do cost a bit though, so make sure your company will pay for it.

In some countries they will make it very difficult to do it yourself. UK being one of them. They basically tell you that they will only deal with agents (even though they will let you do it yourself, but they'll make it difficult)...
Thanks norsk for your reply, Visa & authority letter already had been issued with my name, Can i appoint some agent to deal and get this stamped for me?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:31 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

yes. should be fine. the agent should be able to do everything including facilitating the medical (assuming it's a work visa you're applying for).

if you post where you are located people can give you accurate information for your country/city...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk
yes. should be fine. the agent should be able to do everything including facilitating the medical (assuming it's a work visa you're applying for).

if you post where you are located people can give you accurate information for your country/city...
Thanks Norsk,

I am in Europe at the moment but i hold the pakistan passport, So this visa had been sent down there. I am flying down my home country to get this visa stamped. I didn't realise that saudi consulate there don't allow individual visits, so don't know how can i even attempt to get this stamped. I am not sure weather i can transfer my authority letter to any agent down there to do the process !!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:48 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Chiefsahib
Thanks Norsk,

I am in Europe at the moment but i hold the pakistan passport, So this visa had been sent down there. I am flying down my home country to get this visa stamped. I didn't realise that saudi consulate there don't allow individual visits, so don't know how can i even attempt to get this stamped. I am not sure weather i can transfer my authority letter to any agent down there to do the process !!
Right. If your visa has been sent to Pakistan then you'll have to go there to apply. Unfortunately I have no idea about use of agents in Pakistan. Your best best would be to call the embassy or consulate and ask them. If they use agents they will have a list.

Not sure why your sponsors raised the visa application in Pakistan if you weren't located there. That's just silly. I'm Norwegian and applied for my visa through the Saudi Embassy in London. Although I had to force the issue with my sponsors as they also told me I had to go to Norway. I actually called one of the agents in London to get confirmation that I didn't.

The authority letter doesn't need to have your agents name on it. They are just a facilitator and have no actual part in the process other than making things happen.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Five is an unknown quantity at this point

From my experience (in UK) currently applying for Saudi Work Visa..... I agree with Norsk, ..... use an Agent.

A friend of mine submitted his application in person, at the Saudi Embassy in London ... and they rejected with without really explaining why. He submitted the same papers to an Agent and got his visa.

...but check... may be different in Pakistan ?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hi Five
From my experience (in UK) currently applying for Saudi Work Visa..... I agree with Norsk, ..... use an Agent.

A friend of mine submitted his application in person, at the Saudi Embassy in London ... and they rejected with without really explaining why. He submitted the same papers to an Agent and got his visa.

...but check... may be different in Pakistan ?
Thanks Hi Five, I don't have problem assigning Agent, but want to make sure the process, As Authority letter and visa is with my name, i hope there wouldn't be any problem assigning an agent ! Wish me luck.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Saudi Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Hi Five, I don't have problem assigning Agent, but want to make sure the process, As Authority letter and visa is with my name, i hope there wouldn't be any problem assigning an agent ! Wish me luck.

Hi Chiefsahib,

The Saudi Embassy sometimes require an agency to process the paper work and doesn't allow individual to finalize them by theirselves.

It all depends on the season and the country you are coming from.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Five is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI...I have now submitted my works visa application via an agent. I emailed scanned image of my Visa details and Power of Attorney letter from Saudi employer. Both were in my name and the Agent (Ablecan) said they were ok for them to use and process my application with the embassy.

So I suggest you could do the same before you undertake to use the agent, ie. contact them, send them a copy of the doc's and ask them if they can process them on your behalf.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hi Five
FYI...I have now submitted my works visa application via an agent. I emailed scanned image of my Visa details and Power of Attorney letter from Saudi employer. Both were in my name and the Agent (Ablecan) said they were ok for them to use and process my application with the embassy.

So I suggest you could do the same before you undertake to use the agent, ie. contact them, send them a copy of the doc's and ask them if they can process them on your behalf.
Thanks Hi Five, I would do the same and would let you know for the output. I am flying next week so let see.