Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

KSA Drivers License Questions

KSA Drivers License Questions

Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

ross101000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KSA Drivers License Questions

How much effort is it to obtain a Saudi Arabian Drivers License? For an experienced US driver and also for a teenaged son? Also once I have it will I be able to use it when I rent in the EU or US?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:16 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default Re: KSA Drivers License Questions

If you have a valid US license you can get a Saudi license by simply having the frontal lobe of your brain removed.

Or take your license to the nearest driving school, along with photos and original US license, you will need a letter from your sponsor saying he has no objection to your driving in his fair country. You will then get a retina scan (eyeball, not ars*hole) and finger printed. On to next desk and receive your license.

Should your son not have a US license he will have to take a driving test which is a hoot!!

I advise you take your local Saudi guy with you to smooth the way.

Of which, where, in Saudi, are you?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:18 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Forgot the second part, license valid most countries as now in English and Arabic
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:47 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ross101000
How much effort is it to obtain a Saudi Arabian Drivers License? For an experienced US driver and also for a teenaged son? Also once I have it will I be able to use it when I rent in the EU or US?
as eylesda says, but you also need your blood type. (at any of the local medical centres, try www.drsulaimanalhabib.com as a safe bet) best bet is to get your government liaison chap at your company to help sort it out.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:00 am
Just Joined

ross101000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice, not so sure if it a good idea to let my son drive in Jeddah, but time will tell
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:33 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ross101000
Thanks for the advice, not so sure if it a good idea to let my son drive in Jeddah, but time will tell
c'mon! where's your sense of adventure! the commute here (riyadh) is an extreme sport!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:01 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
c'mon! where's your sense of adventure! the commute here (riyadh) is an extreme sport!
Aye.. as old Frankie once crooned.. "If you can drive over there, you can drive anywhere, its... up... to ... you..."