Knitting

Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

winter snow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Knitting

Wow, are you like the most friendly person here! I don't know if it gets cold at night to be truthful, Algeria is a really hot country during the day and it gets cold at night, where my parents live in Spain it can be 45C in the day but it is cardigan weather at night so pardon my ignorance, I was led to believe that is the purpose of such forums to find out what you don't know. As for toys, I want to know if you bring loads because the quality in Sharjah not so good or do you leave them because they are amazing.

Are you always this sharp with people? Or is it you enjoy being in ME so much you don't want any more expats to come over.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

dubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nice

Originally Posted by winter snow
Wow, are you like the most friendly person here! I don't know if it gets cold at night to be truthful, Algeria is a really hot country during the day and it gets cold at night, where my parents live in Spain it can be 45C in the day but it is cardigan weather at night so pardon my ignorance, I was led to believe that is the purpose of such forums to find out what you don't know. As for toys, I want to know if you bring loads because the quality in Sharjah not so good or do you leave them because they are amazing.

Are you always this sharp with people? Or is it you enjoy being in ME so much you don't want any more expats to come over.
I would just ignore those comments. I am new to this site and also wondered about some of the peoples comments. Not every one here is like that but some people who have been here a while seem to forget what its like to be new. Some people who have been here a while seem to think they are above new comers.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Alot of us have been regular posters on this site for many years, Patsy included and we have helped literally 1000's of people with their queries about moving to the ME, how often do we get a thank you? very rarely, in some cases people get what they want and don't even come back. If a new member has done their research they will get the information they want from us. However if someone has joined a forum and asks stupid questions like can you get toys we do tend to get a bit pissed off.

However I wish you all the best with your relocation to the ME
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:13 am
Just Joined

dubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Alot of us have been regular posters on this site for many years, Patsy included and we have helped literally 1000's of people with their queries about moving to the ME, how often do we get a thank you? very rarely, in some cases people get what they want and don't even come back. If a new member has done their research they will get the information they want from us. However if someone has joined a forum and asks stupid questions like can you get toys we do tend to get a bit pissed off.

However I wish you all the best with your relocation to the ME
Oh... thats really nice. I think that is a fair enough question.... why be so harsh. You just turn any new comer off.... I am very suprised that people can be so rude. I dont think its very nice to say someones question is stupid either. What are you trying to do here. I think it is very mean spirited to respond just to say that. Oh.... but thankyou....
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubai ja
Oh... thats really nice. I think that is a fair enough question.... why be so harsh. You just turn any new comer off.... I am very suprised that people can be so rude. I dont think its very nice to say someones question is stupid either. What are you trying to do here. I think it is very mean spirited to respond just to say that. Oh.... but thankyou....
With respect asking if Toys are good or not is a bit of a lame question, is it not? a simple google search will reveal that we have both Hamleys, and Toys r Us here never mind millions of other childrens shops
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:18 am
Just Joined

With respect asking if Toys are good or not is a bit of a lame question, is it not? a simple google search will reveal that we have both Hamleys, and Toys r Us here never mind millions of other childrens shops
With respect..... Blue Cat! Why do you insult the person further person by calling her question lame. No... I do not think it is a "lame" question. And for your information not all toys are available here. It depends on which country you are from. For example there are toys made in Australia that are education or specific to Australian children programs and they are not available here.
I am having second thoughts about continuing with this site.... as some peoples comments are extremely rude, intimidating and insulting not to mention very careless. Some people should be very careful about continuing with that kind of attitude towards new comers as besides giving this site a very unfriendly and arrogant demeanor, it gives other expats in dubai an extremely poor image. I think that the comments made in the reply are more "lame" and "stupid" than the original question.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by winter snow

I am new to this site as well and just want to say sorry for the comments you have received. If you have toys specific to your country such as childrens TV characters or educational toys... then you may not find them here. It does get very cold here in the winter months and you will need a cardigan and you will also need it during the hot days as the air conditioning in some buildings is freezing.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:44 am
Concierge

With respect..... Blue Cat! Why do you insult the person further person by calling her question lame. No... I do not think it is a "lame" question. And for your information not all toys are available here. It depends on which country you are from. For example there are toys made in Australia that are education or specific to Australian children programs and they are not available here.
I am having second thoughts about continuing with this site.... as some peoples comments are extremely rude, intimidating and insulting not to mention very careless. Some people should be very careful about continuing with that kind of attitude towards new comers as besides giving this site a very unfriendly and arrogant demeanor, it gives other expats in dubai an extremely poor image. I think that the comments made in the reply are more "lame" and "stupid" than the original question.
the clue is in the name of the website BRITISH Expats, however all nationalities are welcome we attend to assume we are talking to Brits I don't care what you think to be honest with you.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:56 am
Just Joined

the clue is in the name of the website BRITISH Expats, however all nationalities are welcome we attend to assume we are talking to Brits I don't care what you think to be honest with you.
Oh... thankyou.... so do all Brits talk like that to other nationalities.....I find that quite racist. For your information I actually care about what you think as it really worries me. I read the rules on this site and it did not say that you have to be British. It also was quite specific about how to treat other members on the site. If you don't care what I think why then do you keep on replying to my comments. Maybe then you should just leave people in peace. I think you are cruel, rascits and mean. As you are a moderator on this site..... maybe you should try a little harder to be less rude...and re-read the rules. I think you are abusing your power as a moderator..... (oops.... you dont like that word do you.) Please feel free to report me. Oh.... and it works two ways you know..... I have read a lot of comments from many Brits intending to migrate to Australia..... and actually are asking for Non Brits such as myself to comment. You have a serious problem. Maybe you have been here to long.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:09 am
Just Joined

I am so upset and insulted by your attitude that I have reported this thread. ....But of couse you don't care what I think.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:13 am
Concierge

Oh... thankyou.... so do all Brits talk like that to other nationalities.....I find that quite racist. For your information I actually care about what you think as it really worries me. I read the rules on this site and it did not say that you have to be British. It also was quite specific about how to treat other members on the site. If you don't care what I think why then do you keep on replying to my comments. Maybe then you should just leave people in peace. I think you are cruel, rascits and mean. As you are a moderator on this site..... maybe you should try a little harder to be less rude...and re-read the rules. I think you are abusing your power as a moderator..... (oops.... you dont like that word do you.) Please feel free to report me. Oh.... and it works two ways you know..... I have read a lot of comments from many Brits intending to migrate to Australia..... and actually are asking for Non Brits such as myself to comment. You have a serious problem. Maybe you have been here to long.
Which part of this thread did I say other Nationalities weren't welcome? I can assure you I am not a racist (correct spelling) , and just for the record I am not a Moderator, I am a Concierge, I was made a Concierge for a reason, I have a long proven track record of helping people who have registered on this site.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Which part of this thread did I say other Nationalities weren't welcome? I can assure you I am not a racist (correct spelling) , and just for the record I am not a Moderator, I am a Concierge, I was made a Concierge for a reason, I have a long proven track record of helping people who have registered on this site.
With respect.....I thought you did not care what I think....You imply a very rascist view towards non British people. Re-read your comments. Sorry.. You are a Concierge then. You seem to be making a new record.... Congradulations.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:32 am
Concierge

With respect.....I thought you did not care what I think....You imply a very rascist view towards non British people. Re-read your comments. Sorry.. You are a Concierge then. You seem to be making a new record.... Congradulations.
yeah whatever, move on
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:17 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think knitting was boring.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bahtatboy- so will you join the BE knitting bee?

Winter snow (sorry there isn't really a BE knitting bee) you may want to try expatwomen though as there are lots of crafty women on there - crafty as in arts and crafts I mean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.