Reload this Page >

kiwi girl moves to Sharjah

kiwi girl moves to Sharjah

Old May 28th 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Deborah Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face kiwi girl moves to Sharjah

Kia Ora from New Zealand,

I will be moving to Sharjah as I have secured a teaching position at an international British taught school. Apparently I will be moving into the school's spanking brand new apartments! Can anyone tell me what the 'apartments' are like in Sharjah?
I am on my own as my family will visit from time to time (but hoping to secure a job for husband....) but still.........bloody scary!

The internet doesn't tell me what really goes on...........so just whisper to me what i need to know...................and I'm sure the rest will follow.
Old May 28th 2007, 4:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kiwi girl moves to Sharjah

Hi, welcome to the board....

Well, if it's new, that's a bonus....there is likely to be a gym in the building, probably a pool also.
Sharjah is a bit different from Dubai, it's less glitzy, more traditional Muslim, but there are quite a few Western expats living there cause it's cheaper.
For your entertainment you'll be going to Dubai, that's where all the bars, clubs etc are. Depends on where you're living as to how far the journey is...but traffic is a nightmare! There are some good shopping centres there, and about a 1000 more in Dubai, so you'll be able to get most things just like back home I'd guess, probably more to chose from over here.
Old May 28th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deborah Nolan
Kia Ora from New Zealand,

I will be moving to Sharjah as I have secured a teaching position at an international British taught school. Apparently I will be moving into the school's spanking brand new apartments! Can anyone tell me what the 'apartments' are like in Sharjah?
I am on my own as my family will visit from time to time (but hoping to secure a job for husband....) but still.........bloody scary!

The internet doesn't tell me what really goes on...........so just whisper to me what i need to know...................and I'm sure the rest will follow.
woohoo

another Sharjahite - welcome!

Sharjah apartments vary from poky 2-bedrooms in Rolla where 4 Indian office workers can quite happily live (alternatively about a dozen labourers). On the other hand I've seen some really swanky apartment blocks in the al-Nahda side of Sharjah (just this side of the Dubai border) with *huge* living rooms, gym, sauna etc... so it really varies.

Where in town (or outside) isyour school? Do you know where the accommodation is?

It will be nice to know some other Sharjah people - do give me a bell once you arrive!
Old May 30th 2007, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Deborah Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: kiwi girl moves to Sharjah

Originally Posted by jvr20
woohoo

another Sharjahite - welcome!

Sharjah apartments vary from poky 2-bedrooms in Rolla where 4 Indian office workers can quite happily live (alternatively about a dozen labourers). On the other hand I've seen some really swanky apartment blocks in the al-Nahda side of Sharjah (just this side of the Dubai border) with *huge* living rooms, gym, sauna etc... so it really varies.

Where in town (or outside) isyour school? Do you know where the accommodation is?

It will be nice to know some other Sharjah people - do give me a bell once you arrive!

Hey,
its the kiwigirl again. The school is Wesgreen International private and apparently they have just had apartments built? Where is Wesgreen?
Old May 30th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Are your sisters moving aswell?
Old May 31st 2007, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
its the kiwigirl again. The school is Wesgreen International private and apparently they have just had apartments built? Where is Wesgreen?
from www.wesgreen.net it seems to be out near the National Paints roundabout (just off Emirates Rd).
Old May 31st 2007, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
The apartments will most probably be near the school,on the highway leading to the university city.That area is called Muwailah,in the same block as the schools...
Old May 12th 2008, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

jomac19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Deborah,

Hope you don't mind me contacting you like this - I assume that you are well settled in Sharjah now. I have applied to a job at Wesgreen and wondered if you would mind telling me what it's like there. I am not at all familiar with Dubai or Sharjah and would be grateful if you could give me a real honest low down on what life is like for you both in terms of living there and experiences at work. I am planning to go out there with just my 5 year old daughter - am I mad???

Thanks very much,

Jo
Old May 13th 2008, 8:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

she's not been online since the 18th August 2007...so it's very unlikely she will ever read this...
Old May 13th 2008, 8:23 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
she's not been online since the 18th August 2007...so it's very unlikely she will ever read this...
Am guessing that she probably got cold feet and decided not to come.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

i was just about to post something about the Nolan sisters but realised that i did that in may 07, and it wasnt funny then...

Well i thought it was so **** the lot of you boring....
Old May 13th 2008, 8:34 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i was just about to post something about the Nolan sisters but realised that i did that in may 07, and it wasnt funny then...

Well i thought it was so **** the lot of you boring....
I'm in the mood for dancing...
Old May 13th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm in the mood for dancing...
romancing, oooh I'm giving it all tonight
Old May 13th 2008, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

jomac19 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a shame! Anyone else got any words of wsidom or comments about my question to Kiwi Girl? (working at Wesgreen school, life in Sharjah as single mum etc...?)
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

abdd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have got a job at wesgreen but I hardly know anything about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.