Kings Dubai

Old Dec 12th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of
Default Kings Dubai

Has anyone heard about the establishment? Am considering having the little one moved to there, any feedback, good or back?
Old Dec 12th 2004, 4:44 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kings Dubai

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Has anyone heard about the establishment? Am considering having the little one moved to there, any feedback, good or back?
Had a serious look.... there's a websight posted in expat mums a while back...heard alot og excellent feedback and a little bad...somethink about UK passport holders only.

years 1-6

Hope this helps.

TS
Old Dec 12th 2004, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

I heard about the UK Passport decision as well, not a problem for us but it does make you wonder slightly..Why would the owners presumably local not want their own children to be allowed in, if ever they wanted to.
Also heard it was a ministry decision and not the school's, makes you wonder even more
Old Dec 12th 2004, 4:51 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

I heard about the UK Passport decision as well, not a problem for us but it does make you wonder slightly..Why would the owners presumably local not want their own children to be allowed in, if ever they wanted to.
Also heard it was a ministry decision and not the school's, makes you wonder even more
Slightly suspect...heard some other stuff but can't post as it may offend some of the staff and I'm being nice today.......
Old Dec 12th 2004, 5:09 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

If you hear any more PM me as I'd be very interested, thinking of moving mine there too!!!
Old Dec 12th 2004, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fairydust
If you hear any more PM me as I'd be very interested, thinking of moving mine there too!!!
I have heard lots good and bad, will PM you now
Old Dec 12th 2004, 6:14 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

i have heard loads bout this skool........ just remember that it is new and that reputations cannot be automatically assumed, like Kings has done, it must be earned. That is just me thinking out loud.......

I mean, like an other business, they are trying to attract customers, so an enticing ad campaing is perfectly normal. Given the choice, i wud opt for a more established establishment and give Kings a little more time to prove their worth.

FYI, their web site addy is:http://www.kingsdubai.com/main.htm

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:37 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
i have heard loads bout this skool........ just remember that it is new and that reputations cannot be automatically assumed, like Kings has done, it must be earned. That is just me thinking out loud.......

I mean, like an other business, they are trying to attract customers, so an enticing ad campaing is perfectly normal. Given the choice, i wud opt for a more established establishment and give Kings a little more time to prove their worth.

FYI, their web site addy is:http://www.kingsdubai.com/main.htm

Hope that helps.
I agree with FACE give it a bit more time.....having said that I know how hard it is to get the kiddiwinks in anywhere!! Funny how Kings still have places, I would want to know why that is, maybe just people like to wait and see also.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

If I may explain a bit further, it has to do with boy/girl segregations. There is a 'law' in Dubai, where as boys and girls are not allowed to mix in class and only British or American schools can apply for a licence to be exempt from the rule up to a certain age but must promise, they will only offer places to the relevant passport holders. Most well established schools have gained a good relationship with the ministry and can get away with flounting the rules but if they manage to get on the wrong side, their licence can get supsended. Some schools have managed to adjust their licences to British plus Commanwealth countries. Many schools end up having what seems a variety of nationalities but despite the skin colours or cultures, many are actually British passport holders. Any new school will need some time to learn how to deal with the Ministry and what they can get away with. There is a new rumour circulating, as they do in Dubai, that they want to toughen up the segregation again for all schools and not allow boys and girls to mix from Grade 4/5 and also have the same school holidays all over Dubai, which really I can't imagine would be a wise move. Too much chaos particularly at airports and imagine people who celebrate Xmas and Easter not to have any days off. Well, all we can do, is wait and see, we will probably find out a day before the rules are implemented if we are lucky.

I find King's School very expensive and cannot imagine that they can offer so much more for more money than other schools. Before changing schools, I would list down all the negativities and positives from the current school and see in which way another school can meet expectations. As they say, the grass is never greener on the other side and what looks good to the eye, isn't always as it seems.