King Fahd Dies

Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:27 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default King Fahd Dies

Breaking News....

King Fahd dies at the age of 82. We may now see a massive political upheaval in the Kingdom, which can only be a good thing.

With the emergence of new heads of state, I believe that the ME region is moving into a new era.

May his soul rest in peace.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Nieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant future
Default Re: King Fahd Dies

Yeah.. and the oil price has went up again...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:11 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered why Radio 2 and Dubai 92 had stopped playing the better mix of the 70s, 80s and 90s.

So do we get any public holidays? Or does that only happen when it's a UAE ruler?

Last edited by Zannie; Aug 1st 2005 at 8:13 am.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:14 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Zannie
Do we get any public holidays? Or does that only happen when it's a UAE ruler?
I am guessing we wiill..... will have to wait for an official press release, but from memory, we got a public holiday when King Hussain of Jordan died a few years ago.

He was a VERY important political figure in the ME, so we probably will get a public holiday...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Nieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant future

Someone dies, and the first thing that comes up in mind: 'are we getting any holidays?'

Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:32 am
The Oracle

well our radio stations have gone off air.... and are now only playing the Quran.

I reckon a decision on a public holiday is imminent.....
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:39 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig_aagje
Someone dies, and the first thing that comes up in mind: 'are we getting any holidays?'
Well, it's not like I knew him personally, is it?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:53 am
W10

As he was the most important ruler in the ME, the mourning period will be Zayed-esque I would have thought.

But bearing in mind he hasn't actually been in charge for about four years now, it's unlikely there will be any massive upheaval.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
As he was the most important ruler in the ME, the mourning period will be Zayed-esque I would have thought.

But bearing in mind he hasn't actually been in charge for about four years now, it's unlikely there will be any massive upheaval.

An announcement will be made at end of today that today is a public holiday in his memory.
Nationals however will get tomorrow off as well.Upshot of it is....the announcement is too late and we will be working tomorrow anyway.

Apparently it happened last time a king died.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:06 am
W10

Oh - and no drinking tonight

Presumably, no quiz either

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Does that mean that all public places, like cafes, restaurants and hotels are closing today?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:16 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by kelvynd
An announcement will be made at end of today that today is a public holiday in his memory.
Nationals however will get tomorrow off as well.Upshot of it is....the announcement is too late and we will be working tomorrow anyway.

Apparently it happened last time a king died.

hmmmm.......... cant remember that, but I do know that we did get a day of when King Hussain of Jordan died.... and it was a 'real' holiday, not a fake one like u r suggesting.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:19 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Oh - and no drinking tonight

Presumably, no quiz either

the first bit is fine, as I only drink juice....

just rang up the venue and was told they were still unsure about what they were going to do...... I love all this uncertainty in this part of the Worlld. NOT!

well everyone is on standby..... hmmmmmmm..........
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:20 am
The Oracle

Does that mean that all public places, like cafes, restaurants and hotels are closing today?
we dont know yet.... we will have to wait and see.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:22 am
W10

I'm 99% sure that Dubai will be 'dry' tonight.

As for restaurants. Not sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.