Reload this Page >

King abdullah economic city (KAEC) v North Jeddah

King abdullah economic city (KAEC) v North Jeddah

Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:41 am
Just Joined

surreysaira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default King abdullah economic city (KAEC) v North Jeddah

Hello!

Does anybody know of any compounds in KAEC or in North Jeddah (commutable to Rabigh)?

In particular I am looking for information about montessoris, and about schools in the area. I have heard there is a GEMS wellington, is there another school here (at Montessori level).

Does any body live in compound which will be a good commute to Rabigh?

What about universities in the area, does KAUST only do masters and PHds? What about universities for undergrad? Are there any long distant programmes with classes in the area?

A lot of random questions, but just looking for some advice from someone who has been there!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Location: currently in Paris, will relocate to Rabigh / Jeddah
Andy_B_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: King abdullah economic city (KAEC) v North Jeddah

Hi there, I will be moving to PetroRabigh fairly soon and based on what I can see so far acceptable living accommodation in the area seems to be KAEC.

I don't know what they have on offer as my accommodation is sorted out through my employer, but I was told that there is an Aramco/ PetroRAbigh compound in Rabigh and KAEC.

I know the school in KAEC has a pretty good reputation, the World Academy, and they have both the A-levels used in UK and the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which is the one that interests me.

Regarding compounds in Jeddah, based on my research so far, the top three are the following: Arabian Homes, Al Basateen Village and Elite Compounds. Some people advised me against choosing to live off the compound alternatives offered by my employer as a first step, as apparently the real estate market in Saudi needs a bit of getting used to and it seems better to go with whatever offered by employer and then move if I feel so.

Best,
--Andy
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:22 am
Just Joined

surreysaira is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andy_B_
Hi there, I will be moving to PetroRabigh fairly soon and based on what I can see so far acceptable living accommodation in the area seems to be KAEC.

I don't know what they have on offer as my accommodation is sorted out through my employer, but I was told that there is an Aramco/ PetroRAbigh compound in Rabigh and KAEC.

I know the school in KAEC has a pretty good reputation, the World Academy, and they have both the A-levels used in UK and the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which is the one that interests me.

Regarding compounds in Jeddah, based on my research so far, the top three are the following: Arabian Homes, Al Basateen Village and Elite Compounds. Some people advised me against choosing to live off the compound alternatives offered by my employer as a first step, as apparently the real estate market in Saudi needs a bit of getting used to and it seems better to go with whatever offered by employer and then move if I feel so.

Best,
--Andy
Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply! We have applied for an Emaar compound in KAEC - so here is hoping we get it, and don't have to be on a ridiculous waiting list!

We will also be looking to get our toddler into GEMS (he is 2 years old so will not start until next year). How old are your children?

Arabian Homes and all these places have long waiting lists too, so we think we may need to live in a compound like M&M and sign on for a 6 month lease, until we get a place in KAEC compound or one of the better compounds....

Here's hoping we can avoid waiting lists though!!!

Good luck with your move - are you moving with your family?

Saira
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:19 am
Just Joined

RachSam is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: King abdullah economic city (KAEC) v North Jeddah

Hi,

Can I ask are you living in KAEC? I'm considering a move there and I'm looking for more information about the area. I have been offered work there but would it be easy to find work there for my husband?
Thanks
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:05 am
Just Joined

construction67 is an unknown quantity at this point

surreysaira,

Just interested to know if you relocated to the KSA, and if are living in KAEC or Jeddah. I moved to Jeddah this past Monday, I will be living in Jeddah for the next month or so, and then most likely moving up to KAEC. Just looking to make some additional contacts in the area.

Greg