Reload this Page >

King Abdul Aziz medical city

King Abdul Aziz medical city

Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

dine2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default King Abdul Aziz medical city

Hi all,
I am new to the forum. I have been offered an admin position in the King Abdul Aziz national Guard Hospital in Riyadh. Does anybody know anything of this hospital. I have hospital provided accomodation. Any thoughts of this would be appreciated. I have never been to Riyadh before so I was wondering how good the hospital accomodation would be.
Oh .. and is there any entertainment for expats as in live bands ? or is that pushing it ?

thanks,
dine2010
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:37 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: King Abdul Aziz medical city

National Guard in Riyadh is one of the better publicly run hospitals in the Kingdom. I've no idea what it'd be like to work there I'm afraid.

Your best bets for live music in Riyadh are the embassy bashes. Entertainment and Riyadh are words that go together like ice cream and creosote.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The King Abdul Aziz medical city is on the eastern side of Riyadh and its quite a long way out of the city centre.
There are building a very large complex as part of the expansion.
I do know some people working there,
but this is going to be a big city itself when its completed
Old Apr 10th 2010, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys
Thanks for the info and so fast. When you say its a long way out of the center, is that a good thing ? Is that far from any social life ? I know i am going there to work, but i don't want to feel totally isolated.

Coffindodger when you say you know folk there, would you know of any admin staff, secretaries or are they all nurses. I just wanted to get an idea of the kind of atmosphere that is there because of it being conservative Riyadh.

I am still looking forward to going anyway.

dine2010
Old Apr 10th 2010, 8:57 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dine2010
When you say its a long way out of the center, is that a good thing ? Is that far from any social life ? I know i am going there to work, but i don't want to feel totally isolated.
It's waaaay out to the east of Riyadh, but the road into the centre from there (Khurais) can be pretty quick. Relatively speaking.

You're on the complete other end of the city from the DQ where the embassy bashes are, though.

There may be a social life around the accommodation - will you be able to visit in advance?

Where are you coming from?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

I know 3 Phillipine nurses there all in the hospital its self
sorry i dont know any one in Admin,
But when this complex is finnished its going to be biggggggggg.
The Khurais road is close to my compound.
So from my compound and i am close to the ring road it must be a good 20 minutes on a good day to the KAAMC,
Again going into town again depending on the time of day could take a long timeeeeeeee
Traffic and the standard of driving here in riyadh is a nightmare.
If you are living in there compound the ladies do have a little bit of a social life. and its a secure compound all males must leave by xxx hour.
Some people do live out side but not many.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Guys.. thanks for the replies..

When you say DQ what do you mean by that ... are all the social life for us expats in the embassy >? and in the other side of riyadh from the Medical City. I am sure I will get quickly on the social scene once I am there but at least now I have an idea of just how far away this complex is.
Its just that I heard that Riyadh has a great music scene.. .. hmm.. maybe that meant for the local Saudis and not western bands as such..

Apparently there is quite a lot of shops on this compound ... that may well indicate how far away it is. Ah well. I'll live

i am coming in from Ireland.

dine2010
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

DQ is Diplomatic Quarter where the Embassy is
http://wikimapia.org/4031190/Diplomatic-Quarter
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi .. back at you all again..
The King Faisal Hospital in Riyadh .. does anybody know anything of this one?
Is it better located, a better hospital than the National Guard ? as big a compound?

I am getting a bit worried about how far away the NG appears to be. I heard it was an hour from the main city.. thats a long way in Saudi terms.

Thanks, would appreciate any advice.

dine
Old Apr 24th 2010, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dine2010
Hi .. back at you all again..
The King Faisal Hospital in Riyadh .. does anybody know anything of this one?
Is it better located, a better hospital than the National Guard ? as big a compound?

I am getting a bit worried about how far away the NG appears to be. I heard it was an hour from the main city.. thats a long way in Saudi terms.

Thanks, would appreciate any advice.

dine
National Guard.... King Faisal.... you seem to be collecting job offers as if they are found in packets of corn flakes............ you must be a very special person............

And by the way - go back to the person who told you that Riyadh has a lively music scene and put his head in a good-sized cement mixer...........
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:16 am
Just Joined

hmmm.. whats eating you today then Mr Dean ? are you in need of a repat soon?

They are looking for admin in both hospitals ? verbal offers are one thing... getting the contract through and signed off is another. I have a verbal offer on the NG and an interview scheduled for the Faisal. I got to be positive.
I would like to think that I could at least have a good idea what I am walking into ... and who best to be able to tell me then those that live out there already .. and could be in the know.

right .. i am off to get that cement mixer .. or will a blender do :
Old May 15th 2010, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

mjeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't agree with you more "go back to the person who told you that Riyadh has a lively music scene and put his head in a good-sized cement mixer...........
Old May 16th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Riyadh has a very much lively music scene, i was at a compound last weekend and was live bands playing.
Riyadh is like any major city you have to find your own way first of all.
Far to many people want every thing on a sliver plate these days.
Old May 16th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

emt14 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very much with the dean here: "go back to the person who told you that Riyadh has a lively music scene and put his head in a good-sized cement mixer..........."
I think Coffindodger has had too many mushrooms last night and spent far too long away from a place with a "lively" music scene!
Yes there is music, few bands in compounds, embassy bashes with guest bands, private bashes with music. I wouldn't go as far as saying that there is a lively music scene, but it doesn't mean you can't have a good time here.

As far as King Faisal is concerned it is pretty central but you still have to do a bit of traveling to go to bashes (like everywhere in Riyadh). I know that nurses who work at KF usually have women only accommodation in small compounds next to the hospital itself. Most of them seem pretty happy with it as far as I can tell.
I don't know much about NG but given the location, I would imagine it might be best to live in one the nearby compounds if you want a social life. Does NG offer you any accommodation and do you know which type?

Emt
Old May 16th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

OK i stand to be corrected and put my hand in the air and say fair cop guv.

What i meant was Riyadh has a social life and yes there is a bit of a music scene, considering where we are here its better than nothing and compaired to the likes of Auh / Dxb etc this isnt as bad as what some folk think.

Some compounds at certain times of the year have a battle of the bands comp, which can be good.

Yes it still the pits but once you find your own way and to what you wana do you can have some sort of a social life here in Riyadh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.