British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Killed By Brit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/killed-brit-598556/)

lionheart Mar 19th 2009 7:35 am

Killed By Brit

Let us hope that this unfortunate incident did not involve anybody on this forum.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10296228.html

Inselaffen Mar 19th 2009 7:37 am

Re: Killed By Brit

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7396700)
Let us hope that this unfortunate incident did not involve anybody on this forum.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10296228.html

driver will get blamed even if he/she could do nothing about it!

typical Mar 19th 2009 7:49 am

Hope we're not going back to the times where people throw themselves in front of cars to get the blood money for their families :(

TGFKASE Mar 19th 2009 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7396704)
driver will get blamed even if he/she could do nothing about it!

8th IC, is that JAFZA Gate 4????

AnotherWorld Mar 19th 2009 7:58 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7396737)
Hope we're not going back to the times where people throw themselves in front of cars to get the blood money for their families :(

That would not surprise me at all. I've heard they have suicide watch in some labour camps in Abu Dhabi due to the layoffs and the fact that many of these people owe money back home yet cannot pay it.

Simao Mar 19th 2009 8:01 am

Or maybe the Brit was drunk... I am not surprised no one mentioned that.

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Simao (Post 7396765)

or maybe he was driving along minding his own business when someone just stepped out on the road...it can happen to all of us

TGFKASE Mar 19th 2009 8:02 am

Maybe it hasnt been mentioned because he wasnt?? And why the lack of surprise? What, every Brit who drives around in Dubai is drunk?? T**t!!!

Simao Mar 19th 2009 8:05 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7396771)
Maybe it hasnt been mentioned because he wasnt?? And why the lack of surprise? What, every Brit who drives around in Dubai is drunk?? T**t!!!

No you moron! No mentioned it because you guys are all Brits. Besides it wasn't mentioned that the guy threw himself on the car either but you guys came up with that conclusion too didn't you??

Grace O Malley Mar 19th 2009 8:06 am

I would say highly unlikely, but who knows. Most folk know its 0 tolerance here, they would be very stupid if they were.

Grace O Malley Mar 19th 2009 8:07 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7396737)

There is strong suspicions that this does in fact happen in AD.

MataHari Mar 19th 2009 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Simao (Post 7396779)
No you moron! No mentioned it because you guys are all Brits. Besides it wasn't mentioned that the guy threw himself on the car either but you guys came up with that conclusion too didn't you??

well I am not British...and no one has said that he's trown himself on the car either...so not sure what you are on about...
As long as there are no pedestrian crossings this thing will keep on happening...and it's not the fault of the driver or the crosser, at the end of the day it's the governement who is responsible.

Simao Mar 19th 2009 8:09 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7396785)
Is there really a need to call him a moron, isn't that just over the top. If you are not sure what xxxx means ask?

He just called me a Twat lol should I just stay silent and swallow it???

TGFKASE Mar 19th 2009 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Simao (Post 7396779)

Sticks and stones, mate.. And check the logo at the top of the page, you ****wit, it says British Expats.. Thought that would have been a clue as to the predominant race on here. And no conclusion was made, simply a reference to a known historical occurence when some people were driven, for whatever reason, to do just that.

So, before you spit the dummy next time and decide to get racist about it, read the comment the way it was written, as opposed to to trying to twist something to back up your own twisted view on a people.....

Grace O Malley Mar 19th 2009 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Simao (Post 7396799)
He just called me a Twat lol should I just stay silent and swallow it???

I didnt see the post, apologies!