Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Key cutting - Abu Dhabi

Key cutting - Abu Dhabi

Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Key cutting - Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know of anywhere in Abu Dhabi that I can get a new door key cut without having to go through the ridiculous process of getting a police report first?

I've done a search of old threads and there's nothing recent so those places mentioned previously may no longer be around (especially around the Salam Street area).

If not, how about anywhere in Dubai as I may venture out in that direction once Eid starts and I can stop for a coffee and a bite to eat - somewhere in a mall though as I won't know how to get anywhere else.

Oh and some advice - don't use your door key to prise something as you're too lazy to go in the house and get a screwdriver - time spent getting new key > time spent getting screwdriver from house........
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Key cutting - Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Does anyone know of anywhere in Abu Dhabi that I can get a new door key cut without having to go through the ridiculous process of getting a police report first?

I've done a search of old threads and there's nothing recent so those places mentioned previously may no longer be around (especially around the Salam Street area).

If not, how about anywhere in Dubai as I may venture out in that direction once Eid starts and I can stop for a coffee and a bite to eat - somewhere in a mall though as I won't know how to get anywhere else.

Oh and some advice - don't use your door key to prise something as you're too lazy to go in the house and get a screwdriver - time spent getting new key > time spent getting screwdriver from house........
yes. off island there is a place in the adnoc mussafah. also in mussafah on the main road maybe over first set of lights (or just before) place on your right.

on island, place i used to go to has moved but another one that i use is in khaydia, if you come along 7th from 30th turn right at folklore gallery, at t junction turn left, and then turn right into block you will see dominos pizza, go to the backside of pizza and key place is on the right hand side.

there are a few more over salam st side but i wouldnt venture over there.

if you go to minutes in car4 they will ask you for a police letter etc.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:45 am
Just Joined

stured is an unknown quantity at this point

istaglal street entrance to new NYU uni opposite taxi / bus station. No police reports needed
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the responses - I live just off-island so I feel the delights of Musaffah beckoning me.....

Is the ADNOC mentioned the one just before you turn off for the Delma Mall?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:16 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to combine the key cutting with a trip to Dubai, there are key cutter/shoe repair shops like in UK at MOE and City Centre. The one in MOE is quite close to Timberland, but I am not sure how to describe the one in CC other than its in the basement.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheShed
If you want to combine the key cutting with a trip to Dubai, there are key cutter/shoe repair shops like in UK at MOE and City Centre. The one in MOE is quite close to Timberland, but I am not sure how to describe the one in CC other than its in the basement.
And you don't need a police report?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:31 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Never been asked for one and believe me, my kids have lost enough over the last 10 years :-)

MrsShed had some done two weeks ago for some visitors.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the responses - I live just off-island so I feel the delights of Musaffah beckoning me.....

Is the ADNOC mentioned the one just before you turn off for the Delma Mall?
yep the new one just before delma where the rego place is
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

TrapMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Key cutting - Abu Dhabi

If you are in Abu Dhabi City, there is a very good place adjacent to the taxi rank next to the British Embassy by the name of Nadal. No police reports are required and it is about AED 30 for three keys. The telephone number is 050 692 6613.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:40 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Street 11, just Al Wahda Mall side of junction with Street 6, between Al Saada Bakery and Lebanese Flower Restaurant, among the many mobile phone shops. Never been asked for a police report, keys cost 10 or 15 AED depending on how generous I'm feeling.