British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Just tell me where to go!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/just-tell-me-where-go-444529/)

MataHari Apr 24th 2007 5:41 am

Just tell me where to go!!!!

On holiday that is....
I have been spending ages trying to find something for the summerholiday, but somehow I cannot seem to succeed.
When we were still living in Holland, we always went to Spain, France or Italy by car. Just pack the whole family and the camping gear and off we went...easy peasy.
Now, living here...I am sort of lost as to where to go. And the thing that annoys me most, is that you really need to book!! Yuk...

So any suggestions....

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2007 5:42 am

Re: Just tell me where to go!!!!

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4688196)
On holiday that is....
I have been spending ages trying to find something for the summerholiday, but somehow I cannot seem to succeed.
When we were still living in Holland, we always went to Spain, France or Italy by car. Just pack the whole family and the camping gear and off we went...easy peasy.
Now, living here...I am sort of lost as to where to go. And the thing that annoys me most, is that you really need to book!! Yuk...

So any suggestions....

beach hol or cultural hol??

Confucius Apr 24th 2007 5:44 am

On holiday that is....

So any suggestions....

I hear Goa is a great destination...

MataHari Apr 24th 2007 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4688197)
beach hol or cultural hol??

I can't believe my eyes...

MataHari Apr 24th 2007 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 4688200)
I hear Goa is a great destination...

yes...but not in summer....duh

Elvira Apr 24th 2007 5:53 am

On holiday that is....

So any suggestions....

Egypt. Or Tunesia?

Miss Eck Apr 24th 2007 5:56 am

On holiday that is....

So any suggestions....

Cape Town .. it is fab

MataHari Apr 24th 2007 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4688221)
Egypt. Or Tunesia?

ok...now provide the link with that dreamhouse on it...

MataHari Apr 24th 2007 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4688226)
Cape Town .. it is fab

Is it?
Does it have nice weather, beach, boathire, swimmingpools, nice streets to wonder through, good food....

Elvira Apr 24th 2007 6:03 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4688234)
ok...now provide the link with that dreamhouse on it...

this time can I come...

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2007 6:03 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4688216)
I can't believe my eyes...

I don't do cultural but thought I would ask anyway, being polite and all that !

Thailand, we went to Chaing Mai a few years back and it was fab. Thinking about going to Koh Samui this year as it looks fab and I have a few friends who said it is great, with kids as well! Also some of the malaysian islands get a good write up.

You should come to my lunch on Sunday it is being hosted by Al Arabi Travel -to give advice on holiday destinations and good deals and hotels etc, and everyone who comes get a 5% discount voucher of selected hotels. ;)

MataHari Apr 24th 2007 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4688239)
this time can I come...

haha....I love the English sense of humour...

twinkle-star Apr 24th 2007 6:06 am

On holiday that is....

So any suggestions....

Hatta Fort ....You still have to book but can bundle everyone up for an hours drive.

There are camping holidays in Dubai ...somewhere!! Might be a bit hot!

You can still go to Europe camping, they have the site with the tents already up and waiting.

Mauritius has good weather at this time of year. never been but the brochures say its ok for kids.

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2007 6:07 am

Zanzibar, Mauritius, Cyprus, Greece, Singapore, and my fave the Maldives! apart from Sun Island the other islands might be a bit boring for the kids though

Elvira Apr 24th 2007 6:08 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4688243)
haha....I love the English sense of humour...

if you want to be like that! :sneaky: