Reload this Page >

Just Out of Curiosity!

Just Out of Curiosity!

Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

getsulthan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just Out of Curiosity!

Hi All,

This is my first post to this discussion board. I had joined the forum with an objective, and I am quite thrilled to see the responses. Few of my friends from UK had referred me to this forum as I am planning to move to UAE very soon.

Let me brief about myself, I am working as a Business Analyst and has experience in the marketing arena especially Business Development, Marketing Research and Banking domain. I am leaving my current job in India as I am having serious financial commitments and for that I believe that migrating to UAE can be of help.

Basically I am an MBA graduate specialized in Finance and Marketing -- with an experience of 2.5 years. I would love to know few things!

1. What could be the expected salary for my credentials (As I believe that Indians are generally paid less as compared to the other Nationalities)

2. I have been registering in all job portals and sending my resume to all recruitment professionals and HR consultants and agencies. To the surprise, all my efforts are in vain. Can anybody of you help me by giving relevant contacts whom I can forward my resume and arrange an interview for! I can forward the resume to you if you can mail me the email id! ([email protected]).

I am actually taking a risk and would love to meet up companies and set up interviews so that my visit to the place is effective. I am quite anxious!

3. I would love to meet up a few in IRISH VILLAGE!

Hope to see you all and Thanks in advance for the replies!

Looking forward to hear from you

WArm Regards,
Sulthan

Last edited by Sue; Oct 26th 2008 at 3:15 pm. Reason: I've removed your private details, its not wise to put your phone number, skype details etc on a public forum
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Out of Curiosity!

Sorry Sulthan but there's not enough detail here for us to go on.........

......... you didn't include your inside leg measurement..........
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sorry Sulthan but there's not enough detail here for us to go on.........

......... you didn't include your inside leg measurement..........
Thanks for the quick reply!

May I know what details you need ?

Regards,
Sulthan
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

welcome
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:56 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Where's your MBA from? (Sorry to say, but Indian MBAs aren't as highly regarded as those from top western schools - in fact when I did mine, I lived with a guy who already had an MBA from India!)

What kind of job do you want?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by typical
Where's your MBA from? (Sorry to say, but Indian MBAs aren't as highly regarded as those from top western schools - in fact when I did mine, I lived with a guy who already had an MBA from India!)

What kind of job do you want?
Ya, you are right and I completely agree with your statement. Normally with Indian MBAs -- what happens is that those who are not even competent enough to secure a job in India will land up in UAE and acquire a decent job with the help of their Dad's or relatives or some reference.

In my case, I don't have anyone and I don't want a job at somebody's mercy as I strongly believe that talent can't be suppressed. Coming back to MBA degree -- I have completed from a b-school which is A+ rated by Business India Magazine and Quality approved by Netherlands IOS team. The b-school works closely and has tie-up with University of Pennsylvania as well.

I have experience working with people across the world and especially with clients from US and UK. I have more exposure in Business Research and Consulting.

However, I would be a perfect fit in the marketing domain. More specifically it would something close to the teams like Branding, Product Development, Business Development, Market/Business Research and Consulting.

If you stumble across any of openings in these sectors, Kindly let me know and that would be highly appreciated.

Have a nice day

Warm Regards,
Sulthan

Last edited by Autonomy; Oct 26th 2008 at 8:27 pm. Reason: no need for the link
Old Oct 27th 2008, 6:18 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly all the consulting firms here are growing their offices. Check out Vault for a list, and then do some legwork to find who have offices here, and get applying. Don't go through agencies for this kind of thing.