Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Dubai and want to meet some people

Just moved to Dubai and want to meet some people

Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:46 am
Just Joined

BouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the rough
Smile Just moved to Dubai and want to meet some people

Hiya,
My boyfriend (31) and I(25) have just moved over from the UK, after spending a year travelling in New Zealand. I have got a job working near the Mall of the Emirates and we are just looking at signing to rent an apartment in International City.
I was just wondering where the best places were to meet people. My boyfriend Sam is into Rowing and we're both keen on Snowboarding.
We are normal I promise!
It'd be great to meet some fellow expats to share stories with.
Kat
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:03 am
W10

Default Re: Just moved to Dubai and want to meet some people

Welcome to the UAE.

I'm sure you'll find lots of strange people here

Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:12 am
Just Joined

BouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the roughBouncyKat is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that! I've already met a few!! hehe. Am trying to deal with the Real Estate guys and you just want to bang your head against the wall.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:14 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BouncyKat
Thanks for that! I've already met a few!! hehe. Am trying to deal with the Real Estate guys and you just want to bang your head against the wall.
You're very lucky - the ones I have had the misfortune to deal with, it's their heads I've wanted to bang off the wall. Several times.

Welcome to the land of sand.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Yep I can relate to that too!!!
Thanks for the welcome
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:31 am
W10

Out of interest - what is it like in Int City?

Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

welcome....so what's it like to be normal...
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by W10
Out of interest - what is it like in Int City?
Like the rest of Dubai it's still a building site and all the apartments look the same regardless of which country you're in. But hey its a roof over our heads and it has easy access to town and work! It's also quite cheap!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
I wouldn't know, I lied!! hehe
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:07 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Snowboarding? Rowing? That's not normal!

Posing at the Lime Tree Cafe and getting pissed at Al Qasr's brunch is normal.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:21 pm
W10

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

I don't know...rowing is quite normal in Dubai.

Usually after you've found your partner having an affair.

Oh...you mean the stuff with boats

As you were

Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

Sounds like the place to go!
We are both good at rowing too!
Any other snowboarders or skiers out there?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:17 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Try Barasti on a Friday afternoon/evening.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:34 am
W10

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Try Barasti on a Friday evening.
She said meet, not meat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.