British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Is it just me? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/just-me-274665/)

davidbrooks70 Jan 2nd 2005 1:51 pm

Is it just me?

A small venting ...

Everytime I want to go anywhere within Sharjah, or Dubai, there only ever seems to be one way of getting there, and once any minor mistake has been made, I must drive at least 2 km to find the next U-Turn all of it in stop and go nasty, nasty traffic.

I have numerous maps, but they seem to be of no help !

It is truly the worst laid-out place I have ever lived.

Thoughts ??

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 2nd 2005 1:56 pm

Re: Is it just me?

Originally Posted by davidbrooks70
A small venting ...

Everytime I want to go anywhere within Sharjah, or Dubai, there only ever seems to be one way of getting there, and once any minor mistake has been made, I must drive at least 2 km to find the next U-Turn all of it in stop and go nasty, nasty traffic.

Thoughts ??

Well apart from work and back i get cabs everywhere........however they seem to suffer the same problem as you from time to time !!!

Truth Speak Jan 2nd 2005 2:03 pm

A small venting ...

Thoughts ??

you are 1000% correct....I like the slip roads from the fast lane...very smooth.....and all the road signs point to Dubai once u get to the dessert...... and best of all I love getting texts and e-mails telling me I have another speeding ticket when every other car overtakes me......

Norm_uk Jan 2nd 2005 2:34 pm

The UAE is basically one big slip road going onto another slightly smaller slip road. They built up everything around these roads to make it seem interesting.

Jellybean Jan 2nd 2005 2:51 pm

A small venting ...

Thoughts ??

Get yourself a 4x4 and drive wherever the hell you like :D

davidbrooks70 Jan 2nd 2005 5:18 pm

I'm glad its not just me. Thanks everybody :)