Is it just me?

Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:47 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: Is it just me?

Originally Posted by steve stevenson
I dunno......cant decide......too much of a wishy washy subject. I mean you cud be religious, but leave the religion at home? I dunno. tough one.

-Face81
I still can't understand what difference it makes if someone is a differenet religion, I mean if their is a God, would he/she really want you to kill another of his/her creations? Don't think so somehow and anyone noticed how you don't get atheist extremists blowing people up?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, religion and world politics are so horribly tangled, that people can't see the wood for the trees. It's a sad and hopeless situation.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:53 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
I still can't understand what difference it makes if someone is a differenet religion, I mean if their is a God, would he/she really want you to kill another of his/her creations? Don't think so somehow and anyone noticed how you don't get atheist extremists blowing people up?
Unfortunately, religion and world politics are so horribly tangled, that people can't see the wood for the trees. It's a sad and hopeless situation.[/QUOTE]

I choose to see only the good in religions, its the evil in man which corrupts the teachings incorporated in all religious texts.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:59 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

I choose to see only the good in religions, its the evil in man which corrupts the teachings incorporated in all religious texts.[/QUOTE]

That's because you're an exceptionally good man. It's a shame there are not more men like you.

BTW, what is with you? You insist on misquoting me, don't you? Steve said that, not me! I know...system glitch
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:02 am
Simply Brilliant

Actually, no...it's not you. Seems to be happening from previous posts. Maybe I just notice you more.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:07 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, no...it's not you. Seems to be happening from previous posts. Maybe I just notice you more.
I'm flattered.

I seem to have a few glitches as well, when posting, could possibly be a fault on the Expat Server.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Cherrypie]You respect the law of the country you're in, by putting up with Ramadan? Is that a bit like a non-Christian putting up with Christmas festivities from mid-October onwards in the UK?

a bit different but I get your point. But I learnt my lesson the first ramadam here so now I go out prepared with food and drink for my kids, and it doesn't bother us too much as we still eat & drink as normal in our complex and on the beach....

as for the headscarf, I can understand that implementing a ban on all religious items in school say, is appropriate especially if you are guest in that country. I may not have to agree with it, but I can understand the reason for it.

but you will have to enlighten me on the thong thing!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:15 am
Just Joined

steve stevenson is an unknown quantity at this point

That was Joseph's humour! I know...sad isn't it?
If that's humour, I guess he wont be the life and soul of many parties.

You should be OK for a good laugh back in the UK, really begining to miss Saturday afternoons at the pub/football.

You ever get the chance Joe try that should change your idea of humour, if that doesn't work try Father Ted.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:15 am
Simply Brilliant

Well, the thing with the thong and the headcarf is that...oh, I can't be arsed! Next time Elles... maybe I'll start a thread: Headscarf vs Thong
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:20 am

[QUOTE=Elles]
You respect the law of the country you're in, by putting up with Ramadan? Is that a bit like a non-Christian putting up with Christmas festivities from mid-October onwards in the UK?

a bit different but I get your point. But I learnt my lesson the first ramadam here so now I go out prepared with food and drink for my kids, and it doesn't bother us too much as we still eat & drink as normal in our complex and on the beach....

as for the headscarf, I can understand that implementing a ban on all religious items in school say, is appropriate especially if you are guest in that country. I may not have to agree with it, but I can understand the reason for it.

but you will have to enlighten me on the thong thing!

So, how exactly does wearing an item of Religious significance prevent a person from benefiting from Education?

The ban is about religious intolerance, nothing more, nothing less.

You see only one side of things.

Once a year, the UK closes down for Christmas, rightly so, as it is primarily a Christian Country. In other countries, Ramadan is the religious festival, and the entire country will respect this fact. What's the problem?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:45 am
Simply Brilliant

Well, the thing with the thong and the headcarf is that...oh, I can't be arsed! Next time Elles... maybe I'll start a thread: Headscarf vs Thong
Maybe I should clarify...I meant to say the thong bikini...not the normal pants
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Could be interesting although, I think it will be dominated by the discussion of who looks best in what.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:46 am
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by steve stevenson
Could be interesting although, I think it will be dominated by the discussion of who looks best in what.
I just said...I meant a thong bikini, as opposed to just a thong. Oh dear...
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:48 am
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by Covenant
So, how exactly does wearing an item of Religious significance prevent a person from benefiting from Education?

Once a year, the UK closes down for Christmas, rightly so, as it is primarily a Christian Country. In other countries, Ramadan is the religious festival, and the entire country will respect this fact. What's the problem?
Very well said
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:10 am
Just Joined

I just said...I meant a thong bikini, as opposed to just a thong. Oh dear...
There could still be a discussion as to who looks best in it?

Only joking!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Covenant

The UK hardly closes down for Christmass, in fact the shops open for longer hours in the run up to benefit from the increased sales, pubs and clubs have numerous party nights in and around Christmas. There is simply no comparison as most not all things only close for one day in the UK. Trying paying into nightclubs, then you know it's Christmas day!

I wholly agree with your point on abiding by the rules of the country you are in, it's simply obnoxious not to, although that can be a problem with some people here.

The guys I have the most respect for are the people who will be working outside at this time, that is dedication, either that or they have lost their minds!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.