Is it just me?

Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:33 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it just me?

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
So, when you're back at uni, does it mean you won't have much time for the forum anymore?

Just read your profile, sure you've given us enough detail there?
LOL........U wont get rid of me that easily ......I get back to Uni first thing on Sunday morning......I will try my best to hop on here for a while everyday to get a word in every now and then.

All of u have been so brilliant and I feel so much at home on here. My future Uni plans may result in me being in London b4 the year is out hahaha.....watch this space......Uni of Greenwich may just get this crazed bloke on their campus at Avery Hill.....hahaha

I am 25% Irish and 25% English too.........very messy story.....I could perhaps tell it to u in person someday. I warned u I was confused! hehe.....Just wanted to be true to everyone so I summed myself up as best as I cud for the profile.........glad to c that u took the time out to read it! lol

-Face81 (60 hours to go b4 all hell breaks out!!!)

Last edited by Face81; Oct 1st 2004 at 6:37 am.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:36 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by goingdubai
hey face,
how are things going?
still no msn over here...i thought i let you know before you even ask...;-)

i feel that if someone is ill informed before moving to another country, that's their own fault. i agree that it is a situation that you wouldn't wish on anyone and it can turn out to be a bad decision moving in such instances. however, this isn't something that dubai or dubai nationals can be blamed for.

the more indian nationals that will live through such a scenario, the more indians at home will eventually hear about it. this should directly influence the salary levels they will start demanding and naturally close the gap between westerners and indians for example.

also, what cherrypie said about indians performance in the workplace is being noticed by others as well. even though it seems to be a slow process, i get the feeling that it has started in some areas for indian employees to be more in demand for their better work ethic. in addition they usually don't demand as much money as western expats leading to more opportunities. if this trend continues, we might slowly see salaries for western expats to decrease (as it is already happening for some reasons) and salaries for indians to increase...probably won't become equal to each other but at least close the gap somewhat.

cheers
True, true and true again! couldnt agree with u more!
Well said mate.

Things are going great....apart from the fact that I have to go back to Uni on Sunday ....On a happier note, my parents bought me a Silver Cross pen (very flashy and all! I love it) as a pressie for having done so well at Uni so far.....I know wot u must be thinking now: "Spoilt rich kid"......hahaha....no chance.....my Mum and Dad are gr8! This is my last term and I hope it goes out with a bang!!! Thanks for asking GoingDubai :-)

-Face81 (60 hours and counting b4 Uni opens :scared: )

Last edited by Face81; Oct 1st 2004 at 6:53 am.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:17 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

already? time to change your signature...you're on the slippery slope again
had to be done!!! lol
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

goingdubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Face81
Things are going great....apart from the fact that I have to go back to Uni on Sunday ....On a happier note, my parents bought me a Silver Cross pen (very flashy and all! I love it) as a pressie for having done so well at Uni so far.....I know wot u must be thinking now: "Spoilt rich kid"......
-Face81 (60 hours and counting b4 Uni opens :scared: )
hey, that's not necessarily a bad thing...going back to the uni i mean..
i know, that will probably cut down your involvement here a bit and that is a shame. but definitley more power to you being the spoiled rich kid and congrats on that pen...it's a nice one.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:24 am
The Oracle

hey, that's not necessarily a bad thing...going back to the uni i mean..
i know, that will probably cut down your involvement here a bit and that is a shame. but definitley more power to you being the spoiled rich kid and congrats on that pen...it's a nice one.

Not too bad apart from a 5 hour gap between classes twice a week! I managed to get everyone to agree to a change since that was a ridiculous set of timings that would have us finishing at 6....and do i have to mention the traffic?

I got a new professor for one of my courses and he is very nice and agreed to all of my demands so he gets an extra star in my books.lol

I survived day 1!!!! Woohoo!!!!! This spoilt kid used his all-silver pen today 2! got to write 5 lines today! yay!

-Face81 (NOTE: I am about to hit the 100 post mark!!!!!)
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

-Face81 (NOTE: I am about to hit the 100 post mark!!!!!)
come on now...give me a reply and let's celebrate the big 100
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:56 am
The Oracle

come on now...give me a reply and let's celebrate the big 100
Since u insist...............Voila.......100 POSTS!!!!!

LOL.........Never had so much fun ever...........hahahahaha.............so r u going to ever come to Dubai or wot?

100!!!!Yay!!!! Thanks goingdubai!

-Face81 (now all set for day 2!)
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Since u insist...............Voila.......100 POSTS!!!!!

LOL.........Never had so much fun ever...........hahahahaha.............so r u going to ever come to Dubai or wot?

100!!!!Yay!!!! Thanks goingdubai!

-Face81 (now all set for day 2!)
CONGRATS buddy! well done! at least i get a couple of posts out of this too...hehe
first i'm off to germany tomorrow...i hear the weather isn't that nice...as expected around this time of year. i'll let you know as soon as i know when i'll be back to dubai.
cheers
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:06 am
The Oracle

CONGRATS buddy! well done! at least i get a couple of posts out of this too...hehe
first i'm off to germany tomorrow...i hear the weather isn't that nice...as expected around this time of year. i'll let you know as soon as i know when i'll be back to dubai.
cheers
LOL.......I couldnt resist 101.......I was wondering wot was in it 4 u? haha

We are cooling off nicely now here too. Fog today and a high of 34 degrees. I am sure Germany is much, much colder!

Have a safe trip and do keep in touch mate,

Cheers,
Face81 (off to watch The Generation Game on BBC Prime )
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

LOL.......I couldnt resist 101.......I was wondering wot was in it 4 u? haha

We are cooling off nicely now here too. Fog today and a high of 34 degrees. I am sure Germany is much, much colder!

Have a safe trip and do keep in touch mate,

Cheers,
Face81 (off to watch The Generation Game on BBC Prime )
yeah, we'll have more around 14-18 degrees i guess...so, 34 has a better ring to my ears right about now.
thanks, we'll keep in touch,
cheers
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Amir - Bahrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Hi all.
Its me to, I reckon! I have been here almost a year ( And the hardest) and I am about to venture out and learn to drive but the ammount of times that our car has been cut up, cars driving to close and and getting the feeling of coming close to angels, is it really worth it.

And yes the local have the manners of I dont know what, but I seem to get rudeness at every turn and Im usually a polite kindda person but when I have a fist shaken at me I returned the gesture!

My last instruter in the Uk stopped teaching me to drive as I have a tendancy to get rather annoyed at other thought less drivers who have no consideration at all! And I guess this could be classed as road rage... Perhaps.

I, dont consider duabi to be all the safe one cos they have no idea what padestrian crossings are and a car that is a good distance away,all of a sudden in right in front of you the momnet you step on to the that crossing , ohhh it makes my blood boil and I have heard some scary stories of kids beng taken in some malls.

All in all I hoping that some one can convince me that the life here is worth it as I right now my opinion is some what low.

Enough waffle, sorry guys.

Hiya Heart of Gold:

I live in Bahrain - ok we are like a village compared to Dubai but there are a few important points that you have raised that need to be answered.

I worked and suffered in the City for 5 years ( with a BIG European bank ) and believe me the stress of standing at the train station , waiting for a train that may/may not arrive , taking over an hour to travel and the constant rain etc is NOTHING compared to a mad driver cutting you off!!

My view is that you can chose to ignore these problems that u are facing and find relaxation in the weather/outdoor activities/social life.

We know for a fact that the driving isnt the best, but have you ever driven in say Spain or even France ? Fact of the matter is that UK has the best roads and driving manners you will ever find - so comparisons with other places are futile. So, I suppose the take home message is drive safely and watch out for yourself and dont depend on sensible driving from others.

As far as ped crossings are concerned - same message - look bothways!!

And child abductions in mall - I dont need to tell u what u need to do back home when u go to malls - The Jamie Bulger story is still fresh in my mind.

Just take precautions but remember u need to adjust a bit - nothing is perfect but overall IMHO, we are better off in the ME.

Thanks for your time and hopefully I have helped you see this clearer.

Regards

Amir
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:23 pm
Arabian Boy

Or does anyone else feel that Dubai is a cultural desert with no character or history and an obsession with ludicrous competitions.
Just 1 question: What Do You Know about Dubai?!

If things are not as you like to see them than its your problem, Try to look through a different perspective and you will see that Dubai has a rich history, rich culture, people with kindest of heart.. i.e is why people like you and other and living in it and acting like Queens Mums (Please now don't take advantage of ones kindness)

If we give you our finger! that doesnt mean that you can now have our whole hand. just bear in mind.

For the Record, If you got any problems here than just go back to your perfect home, Nobody gave you an Invitation to come to Dubai (correct me if I am wrong)

Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:15 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Arabian Boy

If things are not as you like to see them than its your problem, Try to look through a different perspective and you will see that Dubai has a rich history, rich culture, people with kindest of heart.. i.e is why people like you and other and living in it and acting like Queens Mums (Please now don't take advantage of ones kindness)

If we give you our finger! that doesnt mean that you can now have our whole hand. just bear in mind.

For the Record, If you got any problems here than just go back to your perfect home, Nobody gave you an Invitation to come to Dubai (correct me if I am wrong)
How rude!?!? Thats the whole idea of a forum!!!!

-Face81
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:21 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arabian Boy

arrogant
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:23 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
arrogant
Exactly! So much for freedom of speech!!!!!

Nice avatar btw.

-Face81

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.