Just looking...

Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just looking...

Originally Posted by MataHari
what a load of old crap...
yeah, but it's ok, he's not moving here...

MM, xx
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:06 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, but it's ok, he's not moving here...

MM, xx
what a relief...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
what a relief...

Have to agree there. If it's so awful here, then those that hate it can move on, and leave the place to those of us that love it inspite of it all - we're living in a country that's being created on a day to day basis. We live with the faults and the changes because that's how life is - it's crazy, manic and frustrating, but it's also exciting and we all get something out of living here on an individual level.

Moaners - sod off, for a day, you're a depressing bunch.

Have a nice day
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:27 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Have to agree there. If it's so awful here, then those that hate it can move on, and leave the place to those of us that love it inspite of it all - we're living in a country that's being created on a day to day basis. We live with the faults and the changes because that's how life is - it's crazy, manic and frustrating, but it's also exciting and we all get something out of living here on an individual level.

Have a nice day
amen...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:09 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Just looking...

Nonsence, for instance I got stared at today in the local bakery today, I'm still very upset.

At lunch time I went in to purchase a ham sandwich.

There on the counter they appeared to have run out of Ham. They had a sign saying "Sorry, sold out of Ham".

I then had a look around and deduced I could indeed have a ham sandwich by asking loudly.

My request for ham sandwich was met with sarcasm, derision and repeated questions about the "sign" that I was ignoring.

Its not as if I was asking for the earth, I only wanted a ham sandwich.

I'm still shaking and so so angry I can hardly manage to type this.

Moaning is just what English people do, we find the hopeless despair of every day life much more tollerable if we confront it with low expectations. We are not being miserable, just dealing with life.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:42 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Nonsence, for instance I got stared at today in the local bakery today, I'm still very upset.

There on the counter they appeared to have run out of Ham. They had a sign saying "Sorry, sold out of Ham".

I then had a look around and deduced I could indeed have a ham sandwich by asking loudly.

My request for ham sandwich was met with sarcasm, derision and repeated questions about the "sign" that I was ignoring.

Moaning is just what English people do, we find the hopeless despair of every day life much more tollerable if we confront it with low expectations. We are not being miserable, just dealing with life.
What a state to get into over a ham sandwich???
Next time try cheese...Its very nice!
or turkey or tuna!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:55 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
or turkey or tuna!
Settle for a lesser sandwich? What a novel idea, next I'll be letting the domestic help use the internet and going out with intolerable American clients for hamburgers.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic

Just try 'insisting' on a ham sandwich in the average bakery over here.

You will find yourself in more trouble than you could ever wish for. Better still, bring a ham sandwich over here with you, and visit during Ramadan.
Take a trip to see Dubai Police Headquarters and while you relax outside, eat your sandwich.

And if you think you have low expectations of service, then you may as well shave your head before you come, as you will pull all your hair out within a week of being here.

Unfortunately your skills on teaching the socially inept how to 'pull' would also be lost over here. 500dhs in the right venue means anyone can pull.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Talking Re: Just looking...

Originally Posted by admon
Just try 'insisting' on a ham sandwich in the average bakery over here.

You will find yourself in more trouble than you could ever wish for. Better still, bring a ham sandwich over here with you, and visit during Ramadan.
Take a trip to see Dubai Police Headquarters and while you relax outside, eat your sandwich.
Fair I suppose, seems a bit harsh just for asking. I'll just have to live on G&T's and cheesy wotsits (No change in diet then).

And if you think you have low expectations of service, then you may as well shave your head before you come, as you will pull all your hair out within a week of being here.
I'll get used to it eventually or save it and end up having an irate tirade at someone.

Unfortunately your skills on teaching the socially inept how to 'pull' would also be lost over here. 500dhs in the right venue means anyone can pull.
Excellent, I'll take it this is illegal though? I was intending to try and stay on the right side of the law...if only for a few weeks .
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Laws over here in general apply to differing degrees according to your nationality.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:07 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Laws over here in general apply to differing degrees according to your nationality.
Useful! So what is the speed limit for Europeans? That seems to be the one that gets me most.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Have a nice day
OK. Come to Dubai - great weather for 8 months of the year, tax free earnings, the fastest growing city in the world, beautiful beaches and warm seas, beautiful hotels, loads to see and do, great nightlife, golden sand dunes, cheap gold, impressive indoor ski slope.....what more could you want?

Happy?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
What a state to get into over a ham sandwich???
or turkey or tuna!
lol
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

you will like it here..and i am sure you will be able to find a job over here.., Dubai or Abu dhabi never finish from JOBs , you could also try to be in al ain , not lots of jobs oppritunity here but still is not as crazy as dubai.

in al ain is much a quiet place ..by 11 pm . ( ooops the streets is almost empty)..
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by someone in al ain
you will like it here..and i am sure you will be able to find a job over here.., Dubai or Abu dhabi never finish from JOBs , you could also try to be in al ain , not lots of jobs oppritunity here but still is not as crazy as dubai.

in al ain is much a quiet place ..by 11 pm . ( ooops the streets is almost empty)..
Totally agree. Al Ain is a beautiful place. Especially the views from that mountain you can drive up to the top of. Stunning...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.