Just to introduce myself

Just to introduce myself

Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Samiko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just to introduce myself

Hi guys...

I am new here, signing from the UK
I will be going to the UAE next month after Ramadan. I will be going to see the job market and working conditions, I am not totally convinced about working in the Middle East even though I was born there originally (not in the UAE) but moved when I was 16 to the UK (I'm 27 now.. keep it hush hush ).

Ok enough of boring history...

I wanna hear your stories, from you all working over there. What shall I bring with me in terms of CV's/covering letters/letter of reference/etc.
I did read great stories on this forum and I would like to keep in touch and be updated.

Well guys let me hear your words of wisdom

cheers guys

Sam
Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:47 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Just to introduce myself

Originally Posted by Samiko
Hi guys...

I will be going to the UAE next month after Ramadan. I will be going to see the job market and working conditions, I am not totally convinced about working in the Middle East even though I was born there originally (not in the UAE) but moved when I was 16 to the UK (I'm 27 now.. keep it hush hush ).

I wanna hear your stories, from you all working over there. What shall I bring with me in terms of CV's/covering letters/letter of reference/etc.
I did read great stories on this forum and I would like to keep in touch and be updated.

cheers guys

Sam
I seem to be the main source for that info at the moment.... PM me or mail me... and we can chat... so wher in the UK?>
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:55 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Samiko
Hi guys...

cheers guys

Sam

Hello Samiko and welcome.

For work purposes, you would take all the documents that you would ordinarily take for an interview in the UK. So yes, CV, reference letter...the usual glut, depending on your line of work.

It is also a good idea to take your original degree/diploma certificate aswell, along with the attested copies needed for visa processing. The original needs to be attested by both a UK solicitor and by the UAE Embassy here in the UK. Attestations have to be done by you in the UK and then they'll attest them again out there This'll save you coming back and fed-exing stuff over when you do get a job offer...better to just hand in the documents in person. Though ultimately, this bit comes after the job offer...so up to you.

Good Luck anyway.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:10 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Hello Samiko and welcome.

For work purposes, you would take all the documents that you would ordinarily take for an interview in the UK. So yes, CV, reference letter...the usual glut, depending on your line of work.

It is also a good idea to take your original degree/diploma certificate aswell, along with the attested copies needed for visa processing. The original needs to be attested by both a UK solicitor and by the UAE Embassy here in the UK. Attestations have to be done by you in the UK and then they'll attest them again out there This'll save you coming back and fed-exing stuff over when you do get a job offer...better to just hand in the documents in person. Though ultimately, this bit comes after the job offer...so up to you.

Good Luck anyway.
it can be done by the FCO... does not need to be UAE embassy

er... and also would u take a job on the spot?
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Samiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your prompt reply

Joseph I live in Surrey.. and I work as a contractor now doing some IT support.

I have couple of friends in the UAE, who I am gonna stay with for this period. I am very excited and can’t wait to go... I will keep in touch. My CV is ready but I need to sort out all these paperwork you have mentioned above!

Keep in touch guys I might attend one of your gatherings over there.. keep us posted and thanks for the advice

Sam
Old Oct 16th 2004, 7:11 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
it can be done by the FCO... does not need to be UAE embassy

er... and also would u take a job on the spot?
Christ on a Bike! I don't log on for a couple of days and the forum is overrun with your posts...haven't a clue what half the threads are on about because your crucial crappy comments are hidden ...so have been forced to take you off my ignore list, as takes too long to check what you are saying and then put you back on ignore

Yes, I would take a job on the spot because so many bloody people probably after it that if you play hard to get, they'll think sod him!.. and take someone else on. This is of course assuming that the pay and benefits are in line with my expectations...don't want to be taken for a clown