Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

just graduated - should I move to Dubai?

just graduated - should I move to Dubai?

Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

19dahlia47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just graduated - should I move to Dubai?

Hi, I have recently graduated from university and I am looking for a job in recruitment consultancy, I have been approached by a company in Dubai for a job and had the 1st phone interview last week and I have the 2nd phone interview on mon, my interviewer advised me to have a long hard think about moving Dubai, I have and I really would love the opportunity, all my friends and family and even my current manager want me to go, but as you guys are currently living there, whats your advice? Take the opportunity while its there? or reconsider? I'm 21 year old female, do you think I would enjoy living in Dubai?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all
Default Re: just graduated - should I move to Dubai?

Originally Posted by 19dahlia47
Hi, I have recently graduated from university and I am looking for a job in recruitment consultancy, I have been approached by a company in Dubai for a job and had the 1st phone interview last week and I have the 2nd phone interview on mon, my interviewer advised me to have a long hard think about moving Dubai, I have and I really would love the opportunity, all my friends and family and even my current manager want me to go, but as you guys are currently living there, whats your advice? Take the opportunity while its there? or reconsider? I'm 21 year old female, do you think I would enjoy living in Dubai?
Well..you need to know how much the salary is ? , being in dubai is a nice experince for you to have.

life is nice here i can say but it's expensive ..so you really need to think of the salary as well.

i am 23 years old ..studying finance and banking in my last year! , i born and rasied here. ,and here i am still surviving

good luck and all the best
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

there is one thig for sure the cost of petrol is great, for 6 months a year the weather is ace and you cold have the potentail to earn good money as long as your accomodation is fully provided for.

But all in all you would be advised it is essential that you come and visit to see for yourself first - what might be paradise for some maybe your hell - if you know what i mean !! good luck Foxes
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:57 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

As well as looking at what Dubai might offer you should compare with the alternatives if you don't move. I any event it may be your best option to go there and at least try it.
God luck.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:47 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

find out what they are offering financially and get back to us, I am rather suspecting it won't be enough to manage here on your own.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

And find out if you are provided with accommodation or an allowance. Accommodation costs are a killer if you have to pay yourself. A good studio is 50,000 dhs or more per year. Here's a Dubai cost of living guide to help you out .

Last edited by grapefruit; Aug 30th 2008 at 7:25 am.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grapefruit
And find out if you are provided with accommodation or an allowance. Accommodation costs are a killer if you have to pay yourself. A good studio is 50,000 dhs or more per year. Here's a Dubai cost of living guide to help you out .
Where in dubai can you get a "good studio" for Dhs50,000 per year? Even International city is much more than that.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:45 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Studios in JBR are hitting 110k
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

msr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey , do u know of any sites that offer entry level positions in dubai? Thanks..
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msr1
hey , do u know of any sites that offer entry level positions in dubai? Thanks..
as an expat? I wouldn't bother, cost of living and visa hassles are more than enough to go against you as it is unless your a super star, or it's some niche field...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shadya
Where in dubai can you get a "good studio" for Dhs50,000 per year? Even International city is much more than that.
I was thinking about Int City but maybe i understated it slightly. I found some IC studios advertised for 55k and 60k in Gulf News this morning.