Just curious

Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

james1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just curious

Do expats in the Middle East use the internet to research for services, as is normal in the UK, i.e. Financial Advisers. Or do they prefer to be called by companies offering their services?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just curious

Originally Posted by james1966
Do expats in the Middle East use the internet to research for services, as is normal in the UK, i.e. Financial Advisers. Or do they prefer to be called by companies offering their services?
Ha ha ha! You must be joking.

Everyone hates those sales companies that bother them by cold calling all the time. Reputable advisers get referrals and don't need to hassle people. Frankly, it's unprofessional.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not bi-curious, then?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
Ha ha ha! You must be joking.

Everyone hates those sales companies that bother them by cold calling all the time. Reputable advisers get referrals and don't need to hassle people. Frankly, it's unprofessional.
A lot of companies appear to have a great deal of success doing it, I was wanting to gauge opinion on here.
Don't worry I'm not going to start phoning everyone!!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Not bi-curious, then?
No way, ha ha
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of companies appear to have a great deal of success doing it, I was wanting to gauge opinion on here.
Don't worry I'm not going to start phoning everyone!!!
Define 'success'. Yes there are plenty of gullible people who fall for the sales spiel, but it isn't professional.

Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Define 'success'. Yes there are plenty of gullible people who fall for the sales spiel, but it isn't professional.

"Success" to them is people agreeing to meet with them to discuss their finances, and probably do business.
I do agree with you, there are many better ways to do business.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:03 am
Bored liberal

"Success" to them is people agreeing to meet with them to discuss their finances, and probably do business.
I do agree with you, there are many better ways to do business.
You mean by flogging unsuitable 25 year savings plans that only benefit the salesperson...
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

You mean by flogging unsuitable 25 year savings plans that only benefit the salesperson...
I was discussing this with somebody last week, they were very critical of the products. I told them that basically the products are ok, it's the way they are sold that isn't.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

They don't have any success with me, nor with any of my friends (as far as I'm aware), and when the topic's being raised here the pretty-much unanimous view has been "Don't call me, I'll call you."
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:21 am
Bored liberal

I was discussing this with somebody last week, they were very critical of the products. I told them that basically the products are ok, it's the way they are sold that isn't.
A 25 year offshore savings plan is NOT okay for 99% of people. Perhaps you don't understand the tax implications for people returning to the UK? Few sales people do sadly, hence all the mis-selling.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

They don't have any success with me, nor with any of my friends (as far as I'm aware), and when the topic's being raised here the pretty-much unanimous view has been "Don't call me, I'll call you."
Yes that's my preferred method, each to their own I suppose. In the UK everybody complained about double glazing companies, but still plenty of folk would buy from them.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

A 25 year offshore savings plan is NOT okay for 99% of people. Perhaps you don't understand the tax implications for people returning to the UK? Few sales people do sadly, hence all the mis-selling.
I do understand the implications, and I was agreeing with you regarding 25 year terms.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:27 am
Hit 16's

In the UK everybody complained about double glazing companies, but still plenty of folk would buy from them.

Nice analogy.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

In the UK everybody complained about double glazing companies, but still plenty of folk would buy from them.

Nice analogy.
Just an observation, I was amazed by the people that bought from companies that cold called them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.