Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Just bought a property in Riffa Views

Just bought a property in Riffa Views

Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

mercedes cls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just bought a property in Riffa Views

I have just bought a villa in Bahrain - Riffa Views and have just receievd the contract for the sale & purchase agreement before signing the contract I was hoping that someone here has also made a purchase at Riffa Views and whether I could look at their contract becuase it seems that their have been some changes recently in the contract and wanted to make sure that the changes are minor.

Also I have been told that approx 30% of the villas have been sold to british expats.

Thanks

Last edited by mercedes cls; Dec 6th 2007 at 1:10 pm. Reason: to a make the post a bit clear
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just bought a property in Riffa Views

Originally Posted by mercedes cls
I have just bought a villa in Bahrain - Riffa Views and have just receievd the contract for the sale & purchase agreement before signing the contract I was hoping that someone here has also made a purchase at Riffa Views and whether I could look at their contract becuase it seems that their have been some changes recently in the contract and wanted to make sure that the changes are minor.

Also I have been told that approx 30% of the villas have been sold to british expats.

Thanks
You know what this means,don't you???

You have to send each and every member a return ticket to your city and back and also arrange for accomodations...
You wouldn't want us to camp out on the streets after your housewarming party,do you???
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

I know someone who is in the process of buying there too, but I don't understand- are you happy with the the contract in it's current form or not? Which areas in the contract do you think are deficient. FWIW this guy is not British.

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

mercedes cls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
I know someone who is in the process of buying there too, but I don't understand- are you happy with the the contract in it's current form or not? Which areas in the contract do you think are deficient. FWIW this guy is not British.
I believe the initial contract that was created and the one I have been supplied after my initial installment for the purchase is different. The reason why I say this is because the contract seems to favour the developer while in the uk the buyer normally has the upper hand. E.g the developer has a get out close but the buyer does not. No guaantee of what happens if the developer does not complete your villa and the list is quite endless and was hoping if someone either has made a purchase now or early part of this year, whether we could exchange information on the contract that should be generic between the two.

I am slightly concious as I am not in Bahrain, a local or an expat living in Bahrain hence to be 100% that the contract I have is the same for everyone and has doctered specially to take advantage of my current position.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

sure, when I speak to this guy again, I'll ask him for info..I know he 's impressed with Riffa Views and is closing down another investment to buy property there.

Any contract can be varied with agreement of both parties- suggest you get tough, negotiate and see what happens. From the sound of it, in its current form I would put my money somewhere else- but it sounds like you've already put some money down and the seller has unilaterally changed the terms of agreement???....or maybe you've put a deposit down and have only recently been shown the contract.

I believe the initial contract that was created and the one I have been supplied after my initial installment for the purchase is different. The reason why I say this is because the contract seems to favour the developer while in the uk the buyer normally has the upper hand. E.g the developer has a get out close but the buyer does not. No guaantee of what happens if the developer does not complete your villa and the list is quite endless and was hoping if someone either has made a purchase now or early part of this year, whether we could exchange information on the contract that should be generic between the two.

I am slightly concious as I am not in Bahrain, a local or an expat living in Bahrain hence to be 100% that the contract I have is the same for everyone and has doctered specially to take advantage of my current position.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:11 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

The reason why I say this is because the contract seems to favour the developer while in the uk the buyer normally has the upper hand. E.g the developer has a get out close but the buyer does not. No guaantee of what happens if the developer does not complete your villa
Sounds like a completely standard Middle Eastern contract to me

Seriously, as a consumer out here you have virtually no rights at all, and sales contracts/terms and conditions can be and are modified (usually against the customer's interests) at will. It's just something you have to deal with.

Beware also of hidden fees when buying property off-plan. Bahrain may be different, but we know many people in Dubai who bought off-plan, thought they knew exactly how much they had to pay and when, and subsequently got hit with demands for immediate payment of non-trivial sums of money for this fee, that fee and the other fee (none of which were mentioned anywhere in the contract or other documentation).
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

my friend bought a villa on Palm Island - when she went to sign everything and get the keys it etc - it was the WRONG villa. The paperwork and floor plans didn't remotely resemble the villa she was actually given.